2b/04 Kit - Floor Fitting Etc

enforcer

Thanks for the words of wisdom...

For those that don't know the 2B/04 ditches the sliding pillar system and now incorporates the sierra anti-roll-bar with a mini mcphearson strut and track control arms as the basic front suspension package.

RHSC has renamed the kits, what was once the SUB K,(& you could get it in M/S or pay extra for S/S) now it's only S/S and he's calling it the "Project 2B" and yes, you're right, it does have the mini McPherson struts.(as the Sub K did!)

It looks like if you want the double wishbones, you have to buy the "2B plus" which comes with wheels, shockers all all the bits & bobs.

Although I can see his method, I personally feel that he should go back to how he used to sell the kit, ie. the basic kit; chassis, panels, fibreglass, windscreen etc. then with the options of, weather gear, seats, wheels, shockers as extra's that can either be bought as a package with the kit (for a better price) or as single items later on.

That's my 2p worth. Off soapbox.

Guest Battery Bill

Jim

Joey is very insistant that ours is a "Project 2B" :blink: :blink: and sure enough he has just got the RH book out and it shows ours as a "Project 2B" :rolleyes:

I agree with you about getting what bits you want, I do think he should not include some bits so you can get them yourself as required. I have heard reports about the Zeemerides being not too hot and the fans not the best for what its intended for. Buying the extras totally seperate would make more sense, Mind you this is all with the benefit of hindsight, as if you could have bought it seperately we would probably still have got these extra bits as we did not know any better.

One really annoying bit for us is that the flexy brake pipes that we got with the "enhancement pack" did not include the Locknuts :gdit: We looked all over Lincoln and Nobody had the fine threaded nuts we required What a waste of our time :gdit: (We got them on the internet in the end).

Well thats my rant over :wub:

Joey is very insistant that ours is a "Project 2B

Ah, Joey is right, but he's now wrong! :huh:

When you bought your kit, it was the "Project 2B" but there was also a "Sub K" now, according to the blurb that filled half of "Kitcar" what was once the Sub K, is now the Project 2B, but only with S/S panels. what was the "Project 2B plus" is still the project 2B plus (all the bits that you don't want)

It confused me, (and still does!) there's a large advert spread in Kitcar, nameing all the kits, prices etc. and it reads as I previously mentioned. :huh:

i've just been to the RHSC website, and it still reads as we all used to know it! ^_^

so, take your pick! which one do you want to believe? :rolleyes:

hi according to the new glossy rrsc brochure that we picked up at stafford yesterday the kits available are Project 2B/4 which has the mini Mc pherson struts

which is £1295+ vat. Project 2B plus which has double wishbone front suspension

at £3000+vat . 2B DOHC kit at £ 3995+ vat and super spec kit at £6000+vat (ouch) perhaps the most encouraging part of the bumper 70 pages was the

2 pages devoted to rhocar well done to the committe for forging closer ties with robin hood

hth swan

Guest Battery Bill

Yes well done to all. :rolleyes:

Joey got 4 of the new glossy brochures and wants to sell them on E-Bay :lol:

We think ours is a "Project 2B plus" but I dont know because we have not got..

bouble wishbone front suspension
:lol: :lol:

Guest chris brown

Bill and Joey

A bit off subject but have just spent about 45 minuets looking at your build diary. Very good mate brought back lots of memories (not all good of my build). :D

By the way the car is a 2B plus well if it isn’t then we’ve both been done.

Chris

I personally feel that he should go back to how he used to sell the kit, ie. the basic kit; chassis, panels, fibreglass, windscreen etc. then with the options of, weather gear, seats, wheels, shockers as extra's that can either be bought as a package with the kit (for a better price) or as single items later on.

Ah! HUMBLE PIE TIME!! :rolleyes:

After reading through RHSC's new broucher, you can buy the kits any which way you want, as a full package, or just the basic's and then the bits as and when you want them (at a slightly higher price)

I've got to say, that the RHSC broucher is excellent, complete with the RHOCAR inclusion. They also mention that although they sell the kits as "one Donor + one kit = one car" that builders change parts of the kit to suit, they even mention the alternative engines that can / have been fitted. That you may need to cut out a chassis tube to move it, but that they will sell you this tube on it's own should you want one.

An excellent broucher, and top marks to RHSC and our committee for forging the links.