More Piccies

Guest gixerboy600

Guest gixerboy600

Hi all,

Well rear wings are now on, and with job procured and further funding on its way wiring loom and engine will (hopefully) be next!!!

As ever comments welcome!! By the way, the photo makes it look like the wing is not cetered over the wheel but it is!!

Cheers Gents

John

Guest Stuartl

Does look nice, not sure about the colour whether I love it or hate it!

If I ever do a build from the start I think that would be a huge dilemma for me

<_< <_<

By the way Daz, did your superiors ask you to remove the piccie of that tin top with a flashing light on the roof?!!

I find that green is unlucky for a car, I should know I met my first wife when I had a green car!

I remember being told that many years ago when I got a green X19. Rolled it within 9 days and wrote it off.

However the unlucky green thing comes from when people used to get ill and sometime die when they had green wallpaper.

This was to do with the tanalising used to set that colour.

Twas poisen they do say.

Guest dinger

Its coming along John, new funds will move it along nicely,

I see having the green as a challenge, I was a little worried at first but the more people said "green is unlucky" the more I wanted to prove them wrong,,

I suppose, Only time will tell,

Keep the good work up mate, :good:

Guest gixerboy600

John,

Looks good, any chance you can do a photo of inside the rear wings, to show the joining method nuts/bolts, rivets etc?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Joining method is pretty simple Mark, M6 rivnuts, penny washers and bolts! I offered up the wing (with my dutiful assistant) drilled a 3.2mm pilot hole and skin pinned in 3 places and then piloted every 6 - 8 inches around the arch. Removed the arch and opened out the hole to the appropriate size, inserted rivnuts, bolted loosely in place and put in the tadpole beading and finally nipped them up!!

HTH's

Cheers

John

Hi Mark,

Joining method is pretty simple Mark, M6 rivnuts, penny washers and bolts! I offered up the wing (with my dutiful assistant) drilled a 3.2mm pilot hole and skin pinned in 3 places and then piloted every 6 - 8 inches around the arch. Removed the arch and opened out the hole to the appropriate size, inserted rivnuts, bolted loosely in place and put in the tadpole beading and finally nipped them up!!

HTH's

Cheers

John

Just fitted my rear wings. Also used M6 rivnuts, its definately the way to go.

BobH