Running Lights

johnhetherington

Has anyone else noticed the article in the Special Edition Sept/Oct excellent Kit Car magazine about running lights. On page 111 they show running lights with the sub title 'Running lights - an IVA requirement'

They then go on to say "daytime running lights are a new optional requirement for all kit cars" and then how to add this function for the IVA test if you are mid build..

What !! how can they be optional if they are a requirement, doesn't make sense, they are either optional or they are a requirement they can't be both. I am sure this article has worried a few 'newbies', but fear not, daytime lights are NOT a requirement.

My understanding is that they are optional but if you do decide to fit them then they must meet the criteria as described in the IVA manual.

I hope I have got it right or if not I will have to run some more wires in the harness.

John

http//:johnskitcar.com

Guest Stuartl

Hooray!! allowed to make a decision ourselves - is it sunny & no lights or murky & marker lights a very good idea. :good:

After a series of near misses where it seems other cars 'didn't see me' I always drive with lights on now even on bright sunny days as I always did on motorbikes as it was proven years ago that people see lights before cars/bikes.

I notice that new VW's also have running lights now.

Guest Stuartl

If you always go around camoflaged in duckhams the rest of the world is glad you use lights at all times. :rolleyes:

Bob, You should feel very honoured that I chose to share my oil with you. I mean, I dont just soil anyones drive!!

Actually I must confess it was Castrol at the last top up so I apologise if I have been misleading everyone thus far!! :mellow:

Guest Stuartl

Bob, You should feel very honoured that I chose to share my oil with you. I mean, I dont just soil anyones drive!!

Actually I must confess it was Castrol at the last top up so I apologise if I have been misleading everyone thus far!! :mellow:

Just the ones I park on! ;)