Indicator Repeaters - How To Connect?!

peter_m7uk

Hi All,

I was looking at the indicator repeaters supplied with my Lightweight and noticed that there isn't an obvious way to connect them! In the picture, you can see two flat, square copper contacts exposed on the underside, but what is the intention for them? You can't get a spade connector on anywhere. I suppose you could solder the wire ends onto the copper surface, but doesn't seem right. Would they push onto spring-loaded contacts in the original application, or something? Any ideas, please :unsure:

Ta,

Pete :drinks:

post-1247-069637200 1288113225_thumb.jpg

I may be wrong but they look like pre IVA repeaters that go onto the side of the tub, for IVA you need them on the front wings or simlar to get the field of view required. GBS do a pair of little LED ones for about £10-00 that don't look out of place.

Steve

Assuming you still want to fit them it looks like you have to poke the stripped end of the wire into that little round hole in the contact plate (seen in the picture "from above" and solder the joint. You'll need a good iron for that.

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply and the heads up on IVA. I had a look at the IVA manual here and it shows on pages 160 and 161, Figures 1 and 1a, the Side Repeater with an apparent surface from 5 to 60 degrees rear-facing. So I suppose the problem is that the rear wing would obscure the 5degree bit of the requirement, damn them! :rolleyes: I'll look into LED ones :good:

Pete

PS Anyone tried mounting the LEDs elsewhere? Side of scuttle? Wing mirrors? Rear wings?

Hey Spencer,

I found the Robin Hood ones here and they look identical to what you have. Except GBS charge £14 with delivery! Nice tip, thanks :drinks:

Pete