Disposing Of Donor

Guest red-col

Guest red-col

Hi all,

The time has come to get rid of the donor sierra now that we have stripped it of what we need.

We have got in touch with someone who can get rid of it for us and pay us £75 for the privilege... which is fine.

My question is how does it work when comgin to get an age related plate? My understanding is when someone comes to scrap your car they take the V5 and send it off to the DVLA to say its been scrapped, but to get an age related plate you need the car registration document (which i presume is the v5).

So do I let them take the car and not hand the V5 document to the scrap company or is there something else I need to do before scrapping the donor?

Im sure any people on here have been through this process already so hopefully someone can advise the process or what they did at this point?

Many thanks

Dean & Colin

You need to keep the V5, all the VIN plates and cut out any chassis numbers, then dispose of the shell but get a letter or disposal certificate from a registered disposal agent.

We have in the past taken the shell on a trailer to a metal merchants and weighed it in using the reciept as proof of environmentally friendly disposal.

Edited by Snapperpaul

Still building & so not registered yet -- we got done for failing to resorn our sierra;so to avoid being done again notified DVLA on the part of V5 (?) that we had personally scrapped the vehicle (with photos) no more hassle from DVLA. Kept all the plates from Sierra & have used all donor bits from this vehicle so hope we get an age related plate; only time will tell. :unsure: