Iva And Rear Fog Light

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

looking through the latest revision of the IVA manual, it looks as if the fog light operation has changed. ive wired up the fog light so that it earths through the side light switch, meanining it will only operate when the sidelights,main and dipped beam are on, however the manual has a table that looks like the following:

SIDE LIGHTS DIPPED BEAM MAIN BEAM REAR FOG

OFF OFF OFF ON

ON OFF OFF ON

ON ON OFF ON

ON ON ON ON

OFF OFF OFF OFF

if im making the table out correctly then the rear fog light must be able to be turned on no matter what lights are on, even if the sidelights are off? can any body clarify this before i modify the wiring...?

if i do modify the wiring then if i move the relay earth from going through the headlight switch switch to a constant earth it will allow the rear fog lamp to illuminate but only when the fog switch is pressed?

Edited by mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

sadly the table i posted doesnt look correct when you actually post up onto the forum, in you follow the headings on the top side lights is the first column, dipped beam is the 2nd colum, main beam is the 3rd colum and fog lamp is the 4th column... kind of like a logic table in electronics....alternatively you can have a look in the IVA manual

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_Theme_files/124_IVA_M1_Inspection_Manual__Version_4_0510.pdf

Section 28 page 3

Guest mcramsay

sorry, as always the IVA manual is confusing, i was looking at the switch position, not the lights that are on! should be fine the way i have done it.

Edited by mcramsay

No, you're not reading the table correctly.

The left hand 4 columns refer to the state of the control switches.

The right hand 4 columns refer to the allowed condition of the lights relative to the switch state in that particular row.

Don't know if that's made it any clearer or worse..lol

Trev

post-1811-079098300 1291066820_thumb.jpg

Agree with you Stuart,but then you & I (hopefully) are thinking about our driving. Didn't agree with headlight & rear fog being ON together until considering motorway or main road driving in rain,causing spray,if you are leading it may be prudent to be on front heads & rear fog until following traffic is close behind. In proper foggy weather front & rear fog may be the best for you & others but it seems we are not allowed that choice; as would be the case if side lights when-ever engine running became compulsory. All designed to cover the idiots who drive with no lights in very poor light levels regardless of time of day.