Premier Loom

Guest john.camfield

Guest john.camfield

I have treated myself to a new premier loom, but will not be delivered until after christmas £130.

I'm not looking forward to ripping out the old one and replacing with the new loom, i know very little about wiring so

i will be screaming for help !!!!

I have just spoken to Alan at premier and he says it would be simple (famous last words)

i will try and gleam as much info as possilbe, and hope i can make sense of the wiring diagrams when it arrives.

It won't be a problem - people with no wiring knowledge have used these without struggling.. The Premier loom is top quality and the instructions are easy to follow. You need to identify which of the 3 different type column stalks you're using but other than that it's straightforward.

If possible, before you start, check that all your switches work correctly beforehand (ignition, lights, wipers etc) with the old loom. That way if something doesn't work with the new loom you'll know it's either the loom or a connection problem and not the switch. Nothing more annoying than looking for faults in the wiring and finding out it's actually a dodgy switch.

My loom had incorrect rear fog lamp wiring for IVA (but would have been ok for SVA) but as you're replacing an existing loom I don't suppose this will matter.

Don't go too crazy chopping out the old loom, I don't know what spec car you've got but you may need sections of the engine sub-loom and the odd relay, so try to keep it as intact as possible.

I've fitted three premier looms, and I know absoloutely nothing about wiring so you should be fine. :rolleyes:

Guest john.camfield

Good advice, I plan to fit all new switches and relays getting a module from CBS as well. so at least i will not have to worry about using old stuff (famous last words :rolleyes: )

I will have to try and identify the stalk though, had a look but can't seem to find any identification on it?

Guest john.camfield

Hi yes it is the module, at the moment i have fuse holders, relays all over the place a right mess, i know it cost a bit, but a lot neater and all in one place, also the loom has the holders only not relays etc, so at least i know its all new and can keep the old ones for spares or next project.