Insurance

Guest Botbuilder

Guest Botbuilder

I just got off the phone from Adrian Flux. The cheeky sons of bxtches just took £208.60 from my bank account and renewed the insurance on my 2B without even asking me. I knew my insurance was about to run out and had got a much better quote from Frank Pickles £127.13 fully comp. The guy I spoke to at Adrian Flux was quite polite and imediately matched the quote from Frank Pickles, but coud see nothing wrong with Flux's policy of just dipping into a customers bank account and taking what they wanted. Needless to say I demanded a full refund and will never do business with them again. :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

the always auto renew unless you specify them not to, been discussed loads of times, your renewal would have said they were going to as well, lots of problems this year with flux, and also mainstream Ins companys, there was lots of comments about Insurance earlier in year

Mitch

You say they auto-renew, several years ago I had an "Auto renewal" with Tesco for my tin-top. We got the letter, price was fine and did the "Do nothing" to renewal line. Several months later we went to get Tax and couldn't find the insurance documents - EHMM! Seems they didn't auto-renew and where not too bothered when we phoned up!

I wouldn't touch Flux with a barge pole anyway - have a quick search on here for problems many people have had with them.

The auto renew is an increasing trend and not just with insurance. My mother had one with the Post Office where they were the best quote by hundreds of pounds but it specified that they would keep her card details and automatically renew after 12 months. She paid all in one lump and then told them that she wanted them to cancel the automatic renewal but they said they couldn't do it - few days later she "lost" her card and when the renewal letter came through at the end of the year she ignored it. They phoned up complaining that they couldn't take the money and got a fairly short answer.

We need to start digging our heels in and making it very clear to them that this is not a popular practice and they are losing business through it before they will stop.

Iain

Keep an eye on your statements - I personally wouldn't believe anything from Flux if it came written in the blood of the managing director. Insurance companies are a dishonest bunch at best but Flux are one of the worst of the lot.

Iain