Focus/mondeo Head Light/fog Light Switch

ozz

Hi all,

Does anyone have the pin outs / wiring diagram for this switch.

post-3217-0-18553600-1298554745_thumb.jpg

Someone with a late model ford tin top and a haynes manual might be able to help.

I want to see if its possible to wire this switch into deal with the IVA fog light rules instead of the sierra column switches and a relay.

Using a circuit tester I've identified the switching pins for side lights, head lights and fog light I just need to work out the wiring for the illumination and telltale for the fog light.

Thanks

Andrew

Is the fog light tell tale not in the dash board clocks on the Focus? In which case you just wire the warning light in parrellel to the fog light itself. I'm sure the fogs are relayed in the Focus as well in which case the switch contacts may only be designed for low current applications. If you are only using 1 rear fog then it should be ok but make sure your headlights are relayed.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I've worked out so far

There is no tell tale on the switch but the holes are on the circuit board and with a bit of poking with a circuit tester a red LED has been soldered on.

I've decided not to use the park function or the headlight levelling so not bothered to work out all the pins.

Here is a diagram.

post-3217-0-12119100-1299624965_thumb.jpg

With this set up everything seems to work.

The pin for fog light switch at 83a is quite thin and obviously intended to switch a relay (hopefully with a single rear fog it will be ok)