Super Spec

Guest Roger 2B

Guest bugsy

Hi Harvs,

What option did you go for and when did you collect?

I had a bloke round today who is interested in building a SS, it looks like he will be putting his order in soon with RH.

These cars sell themselves. especialy with the fantastic weather we had today.

Oh by the way Mitch, i have sorted the brakes, went for a 100yrd blast across the road and back, still grinning now! :D

Cheers

Bugsy

Good on ya :D , Just be careful of nosey curtain twitchers.

Now get around to the DVLA and start the ball rolling for getting it regestered.

'cause you're using Preston and there are a little bueracratic (spelling) sooner you do it the better. Built up inspection they would want to see it taken to them, 1 mile down road souldnt be a problem, tow it, hide in between a few other hoods B) sure we could sort somthing out, and if returning from a MOT it would be allowed ;)

You can always book SVA and if you not quite ready, ring and cancel for a later date, im 90 % sure there is no charge for this.

Come on do it and we will see the finished car at Newark, first one on the road, come on you know you want it.

Mitch

Guest bugsy

Hi Mitch,

DVLA are sending the SVA forms today, how do i go about getting an appointment for a build up inspection, i am nearly ready for an MOT so would like to do it at the same time.

Ps i have been to the DVLA at Fulwood but after waiting for an hour got razzed off and left, is there someone i could ring for an appointment?

Cheers

Bugsy

Hi Bugsy

Sorry but there isnt a direct line (though the women that booked me in did give me her number i will see if i can find it)

Or when you go in try and speak to someone straight away ( theres usally one walking around askng dumb questions) and see if the can get the apiontment book out.

I dont see why you should wait in the que for ages just to make the apointment, but this is all part of the fun with trying to get it regestered, you will need to take all the reciepts for the car to make sure you get a New number including any lists of parts that RHSC supplied new.

I will try and find number and pm you with it.

Mitch

Hi Bugsy

Went for the standared SS. Thought that going for the turbo might be a little extreme for now!

I picked it up in November. Not done too much on it yet! I've sorted the handbrake, throttle cable and currently working on the brake pipes. Been thinking about doing the coolant system next, but not sure where the centre pipe out of the radiator goes!

Had a look at your website. Quite impressed with how far your progressing! Think I'll have to get my finger out...

Guest bugsy

The Centre pipe comeing out of the top of the radiator( the 19mm pipe in the middle) goes across the centre of the engine and goes to a T piece to the bottom of the Expantion tank, RH didnt supply the T piece so i had to get one from a local autofacters.

Good luck

Bugsy

Ps Got the SVA form today, bloody hell its written in a different languoige!!

I think i need to ask someone who has been there before for a little advice :wacko:

Guest bugsy

Hi Dredd,

I am takeing the car for a MOT because the SVA Centre is 38mls away on mainly motorways, i thought the 25-30 quid for an mot would be well spent, its for my own safety's sake more than anything else, plus it means i can get the lights adjusted and general check over, the less the SVA man picks up on the better, and it gives me chance to get a legal run in before D Day.

Cheers

Bugsy

Guest bugsy
Bet you can't wait to get the SS out for a good run when you take it for an MOT!...

Bloody right, i am in Spain at the moment visiting the old folks in the rain B) , dreaming about crusing in the sunshine :wub:

Bugsy