Zero Iva Time

Guest ethanicus

Guest ethanicus

Hi All,

Just waiting for my IVA test date. I have been told that because its a Robin Hood/GBS it will need a all day appointment and these are a bit thin at the moment. Just wondered how long it really takes from start to finish on a Zero?

Starting to panic now :-)

Cheers,

Jon

Guest snotfart

good that there is no added cost,but still dont care for the discrimination after all any kit car is only as good as the work put in by the builder.perhaps you should have specified "ethanicus"as the maker,might have saved you half a day.

Hi All,

Just waiting for my IVA test date. I have been told that because its a Robin Hood/GBS it will need a all day appointment and these are a bit thin at the moment. Just wondered how long it really takes from start to finish on a Zero?

Starting to panic now :-)

Cheers,

Jon

Hey Jon, I really don't understand that stance from VOSA on your test. I took my 2B to Birmingham station today for IVA. Should have started at 8am, but eventually got going at about 20 past. We had a 10 minute break for coffee half way through and it was all over by 10:30ish. I can't see why they would need a full day unless they are using it to train a newbie tester? :unsure:

Seriously, having just gone through it, I wouldn't worry. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I'm a terrible worrier! Finger nails lost about 1mm each last night..lol

My experience was a not what I expected. It was quite relaxed and unstressful. I would have failed on some uncovered edges on the lower panels but the tester allowed me to add some trim while I was there. Worth taking a selection of edge trim just incase. I also had to align the headlamps as I'd only guessed the setting. Apart from those and getting dead close on the noise (98.6dBA) all went well and I came away with IAC and a smile. :yahoo:

We went to Southampton (shock-horror!!) test started at 08.10 -- 10mins. for coffee & concluded with a pass & "Well built,best I've seen in a very long time" at 11.50. The tester was a very pleasant guy,told us what he was doing & what he was looking for through-out the test & answered all my questions, was a pleasant day out,no hassle.