Fun With The Sphere

Hi All,

Checking around the front suspension with a 100mm ball (sorry sphere :wacko:) is creating a list of even more jobs to do and questions to ask!

1) Is it acceptable to fix a type of cage around the back of the front wheels to prevent the sphere contacting the mudguard brackets etc?

2) I have a 2B4, I presume that the point at which the anti roll bar fits into the rear side of the lower swinging arm needs to be protected? (the edge of the "washer" is sharp)

3) The IVA manual says that panels should be bent 180 deg, but is glued on edging strip accepted as permanent on the bottom edge of the front suspension infill panel and lower edge of the rear panel corners?

4) Has anyone got any tips regarding he obscure edges the IVA examiners look for?

Many Thanks

Nige

Just the one picture? No.1 should be out of reach No.2 Inside "wishbone box" is exempt;I know yours is slidy pillar; maybe same applys? No.3 That bit of bottom edge is not contactable by sphere or cone. Make sure the brake hose union does not flex in panel;is there a brace to chassis behind? Any more?

Thanx for your help.

Yep only the one picture, it took ages on my own pc without all my "work kit" :rolleyes: and there is a big washer behind the brake hose

More stuff to make. After some fiddling about, I've got solutions and I'll post them for comment once there done (Don't hold your breath :lazy:)

Thanx for the offer Peter2b, I'm the other side of Cheshire not to far from our esteemed Chairman and its about time I darkened his doorstep (Hello Steve)

Congrats to Dinger for his first time pass, feel a bit guilty posting nif naff over good news :yahoo:

Cheers

Nige

Guest fontayne56

Newbie Checking around the front suspension with a 100mm ball ? how does this work ?? how do a determin a sharp edge .... 100mm ball is this a tennis ball size ??

QUESTIONS QUESTIONS SORRY :D

we've got it so hard. I've just been nosying round a workmates brand new landy. The chequer plate is srewed on with countersunk phillips screws and one screw has gone in at 45 deg leaving a contactable sharp edge. Type approved - no iva - no ball - no problems