New Exhaust

enforcer

Just replaced the exhaust system on my 2B - finally got rid of the dreadful factory twin pipe which strangled the airflow.

The downpipes into 2" stainless came from Dave R (Thanks Dave) and the stainless T304 silencer came from these guys on ebay:

MIJ Exhausts Can certainly recommend these guys; good quick turnaround and built exactly to my specs. The price is extremely good value for the quality of the product, but the proof will be in the pudding, so to speak.

They also supplied the flexi joint. The silencer is 6" x 18" and is a standard item in their range for £45. They only charged me another tenner to add a 2" inlet pipe and the 2" stainless tight 90 degree bend for the tail pipe. After knocking up a DIY bracket to support the rear of the silencer I finally got around to firing it up tonight. Nice deep, throaty sound but now for the first time I can rev right up to the red line. Could never managed beyond about 4500 with the old system. Just need to get some road tax now for next month and can't wait to feel the difference!

Exhaust1-1.jpg

Exhaust2-1.jpg

Bracket.jpg

Guest woolly

thanks for that may be just what i am looking for, price is very good, can you repack them ?.

is the flex joint in staed of a bend in the pipe.

chris

Not repackable, but at that price I'd be happy to replace every couple of years. The flexi pipe takes care of where a bend would be needed but also takes care of the rigidity issue where vibration can be passed on to the car.

Guest mower man

Like the set up,I did similar when I fitted my MK repackable but made up another mtg at the front of the silencer so it is mounted separatly from the engine ,the flex pipe makes aworld of difference to vibration issues and 2 mounts with 2bobbin rubbers on each ensures longer life ,i've not changed abobbin in 2years regards mower man :clapping: :good:

Well....

Car back on the road and perfect weather to blow away the winter cobwebs. So does it rev up to the red bits (for the first time)?

Yep.

Does it make a difference?

Holy cr*p yes! :yahoo: Unbelievable difference in performance now that the engine can finally breath properly and get rid of everything the DGMS pumps in. I fair near cr*pped myself- even pulled in the harness straps as tight as they would go :shok:

The flexi joint is working well and is cancelling out virtually all of the vibration and also supporting the front end of the silencer well. It remains to be seen whether this will stand the test of time though (may need support at the front)

Downside: it's not as quiet as I had hoped, although it wasn't excessive and I have spent the last 4 years driving round with a tin can full of pan scourers and extra glass matting. I don't know whether it would meet the noise levels for a track day, but then again I don't know that it wouldn't either!

Next job: HEAT SHIELD!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ickle

what decibles you think this is ??

do you have a iphone to test etc ?

i am looking at replacing standard 2b system just a little to loud at full pelt.

regards stuart