Main Live Wire From Battery

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

Hi all, I bought my car part built and I'm after some help, im looking for the main power cable from the battery into the car so I can connect a fuse box off it, there is a fuse box in the car but it's not big enough

Thanks

Guest haulie

Danny

The feed goes from battery to starter first and then returns back into the car. Where it runs is dependant on what loom is in the car, and where the builder wired the car.

Haulie

Yes, you could, no problem.

If your ok with wiring, i'd be tempted to wire in a larger fusebox to replace

the exhisting one rather than add a 2nd. Looks neater and keeps everything simple.

Just my thoughts really, but then i am often accused of having OCD! :spiteful:

HTH,

Nick.

Guest danny_samb

the thing i dont understand is how you get the live wire to the fuse box because you bring 1 wire in so how do you splut that wire to go onto a 6 way fuse box,

thanks

Guest gdc

bring it into one then back the others off it ,

or split it before the fuse box and seperate it down to the ammount you need .

graham

Guest gdc

you could bring it to one connector then attach several others to it

then attach them to other connectors ,

nigel a drawing i think ?

graham

What people are saying is create a 'bus'. A bus is just a multiple supply point, one wire in lots of wires out. I have copied a picture of a neat 12 fuse box from VWP website. This has two positive bus bars, the bolts at the left end of the picture. Each then runs under the plastic down the centre of the board and has the inner end of six fuses attached to it. Would be ideal for a kit as you could take an ignition live supply to one and a battery live to the other. Forget most of the negative bus on the right. Easier to earth components locally than bring their earths back to the fuse box.

In a standard fuse box you could use one decent wire in to one connector and then loop the same size wire on to the next connector and the next etc. See pic below. Supply must be thick enough, say 3mm or even 4mm. But the loops could be 2mm or 3mm. Just do the sums so you don't burn the fusebox.

Nigel

I'm just thinking about using the ignition switch to switch a relay for ignition live stuff, putting in a Jesus fuse or breaker of 60-80 amps before the fuse box and taking battery live and supply to ignition switch and ignition relay from that and umpteen different possibilities and thinking it's not possible to help enough via the forum and keep your car and you safe. You do need a certain level of knowledge some of which you can get by reading but you also need someone experienced looking over your shoulder to help out. I would be happier if someone local to you could have a look. Failing that a Premier loom and instructions.

post-21-0-55738800-1304632363_thumb.gif

post-21-0-56881700-1304632635_thumb.jpg