Lights

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

Hi all, got the headlights working, do the standard 7" sealed lights gave sidelights or is it just dipped beam and main beam

Thanks

Hi,

the sealed beam units have a clear part where the side light shines though. You can get special holders for the sidelight. I made some with the original sierra sidelight holders.

hth

on the back of the sealed glass unit there is a circular cut out in the reflective material about the size of an old 5p coin, the side light holder is stuck to this and the bulb shines through the reflective cut out.

Guest danny_samb

couldnt you plastic weld a bracket from the 1 i listed to the light plug with a o ring around the sidelight fitting to make a seal to the light

thanks

Sealed beam headlights are rubbish, always have been always will be. Convert to halogens. I wish someone would produce a version that can can use HID units. Not that I intend to take mine out in the dark when its finished, no one will be able to stare at it in admiration (I know, in my dreams)!

Guest danny_samb

Ok I think I have been convinced to buy the halogen upgrades are they just a straight swap, are the sidelights easy to wire

Thanks