Fitting Front Flexible Brakes Hose

Guest sparks

Guest sparks

Hi everyone,

I am ready to fit the front flexible brakes hoses on my 2b, I have searched the forum for pictures of how people have done theres but can't find any.

Have people gone through the infil panel or run them along the wishbones?

Can anyone post some pictures please?

Thanks

Mark

Flexihose to run from side panel to caliper without touching anything regardless of steering position or suspension movement. Check there is no flexing where fitted to panel (a possible fail as movement could occur in fixed line behind) if not happy with rigidity make up a brace to go between 2 chassis rails;large washers may not do!! Also used some soft rubber tube from Sierra door-seal to "hide" the flexi-hose ends which may be seen as a sharp edge.

This is how i fitted them, I did not use an any brackets between chassis and mounting point becuase the stainless is strounger than the ali and the panel is bonded to the chassis. When you attache the hose to the brake caliper make sure it bends backwards (away from shocks)to the rear of the car or it will rub against the suspension on full lock.

Hope this helps.

post-4145-0-16224800-1306052858_thumb.jpg

Our car is a 2B so a lot more room for flexing of the panel carrying the flexi-union; would suggest on your chassis a right-angled piece of steel maybe 3mm thick, radius all edges to avoid "panty line" showing through panel & bond to both panel & chassis plus S/T screws in chassis. It's all extra work but may save a £90 retest,don't know 'cause ours was braced during build;didn't like the movement in panel.