I Just Ordered My Zero From Gbs About A Week Ago!

Guest J-Bond

Guest J-Bond

Hi guys .... i'm pretty happy because this forum exist!!

ahahaha

i'm from chile ... and i went to Europe the last two week, so i went to Robin Hood House (the GBS Factory) ... and i ordered the kit

Starter Kit

Sport Front Wings

Wide Body

Lowered Floor

LHD .. ( Of course.... )

Jaguar Grill

Disk Brakes in all wheels

All the donor parts and all the stuff to look and work like new ones ... (in chile we don´have "sierra´s" or similar)

Track Day / Sprint Hill Climb Chassis Braces

in aluminium body .. (we will paint it ORANGE .. like Dorkenvoort's or cataterham's)

Totally chassis powdercoated ...

Rear difuser ...

and some details more...

I asked for a modification in the chassis ... because i am a little bit big (1.88 mts and 100 kg's) ....

Zetec Engine

AT Throttle Bodies

Emerald K3 ECU

and all the necesary stuff for that ....

All the Rolling Kit ...

well ... we ordered all but the wheels/tyres ... battery ... and Oils ...

so .. we are very excited here with my dad and my brother. ... and i think yo guys will be my salvation most of the time ...

for now .. i'm reading about the Emerald ECU ... and finding and buying all the tools ...

you know if the tools are in Inches or Milimeters ????

when you ask for maps for the ECU .... yo ask for 90 .. o 91 RON Octanes gasoline ????

ok .. my best regards for you from the other side of the planet .... and .. sorry for my english ... i guess i speak better than i write .. :D

PS: The picture is in GBS house ... with the Zero Demonstrator .. :D

post-8393-0-62892500-1306038775_thumb.jpg

Guest Tim Norman

Welcome. You will find all the answers on here for all your questions and a few you didn't even ask.

All the tools on the Zero will be mm and the petrol we use on this side of the planet is 95 RON.

Make sure you take lots of photos as a picture is worth a 1000 words and will help with the problem solving.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Welcome to the forum. As mentioned, have a look at some build blogs (link to mine below) and also the photo accounts. I am constantly looking at Shaft's picture and Gixerboy's for reference and there are several others as well. Everyone on here is really friendly and will help you every step of the way.

Oh and by the way, your English is fine, definately a lot better than my Spanish will ever be!! drinks.gif

Guest J-Bond

thanks guys .... for your comments ...

First: ... ahha .. i am not Ivan ... i`m Alvaro .... my father`s name is Ivan ... and ... i´m the 28 years old very handsome guy who appear in the picture .. :D

.... ok .. today we got the first problem ... "pappers".... i need some certificates ... about the engine ... (Euro4 and some stuff) ... and for the chassis .... about security regulations .. (i wanna do all the possible ways to road street legal .... mmm but ... the burocracy maybe change my plans ... and ... maybe .. i will road with the pappers of another car ... ) ...

but for now .. mmm someone here ... have some certificates about lateral crashes ??? frontal crashes ?? (thatones with dummies and that stuff??) ..

here the inspector told me something about inspections to the doors ..mmm i told him .. "wich ones???" ... he didn't laught ....

so .. personally i hate the burocracy .... and maybe that thing could f***k my plans to road legal ... with a new license plate of a new car 2011 .. :D mmm or 2012 ...

Edited by J-Bond

Guest Alan_builder

Hi Alvaro

.... ok .. today we got the first problem ... "pappers".... i need some certificates ... about the engine ... (Euro4 and some stuff) ... and for the chassis .... about security regulations .. (i wanna do all the possible ways to road street legal .... mmm but ... the burocracy maybe change my plans ... and ... maybe .. i will road with the pappers of another car ... ) ...

but for now .. mmm someone here ... have some certificates about lateral crashes ??? frontal crashes ?? (thatones with dummies and that stuff??) ..

I don't think you will be able to get most of this information!

In the UK we go to VOSA for a special test, IVA (Individual Vehicle Approval). If you follow this , you make 1 car and crash it for the first test you don't have a car for the remainder of the tests or to use on the road afterwards. Another way to look at this is how would the inspectors know you have built the car to the same exacting details as GBS? So each car is individually inspected to the IVA manual, you can find this manual on this forum.

About the engine...... ?..... as you are fitting an aftermarket ECU and AT throttle bodies any fuel figures produced by Ford are errelevant. GBS have never to my knowledge provided any fuel figures.

about security regulations....? .....Have you purchased a Thatcham Alarm? They come with documentation but only if fitted by an approved installer!

What you need to find out is there an equivalent IVA test in Chillie. If so go that route.

If Not does Chillie recognise our IVA. If so bring the car back to the UK. Giving me a PM.

Guest Hammy360

Welcome mate, Ive been building my Zero since February and youll get a lot of help on this forum. Theres a few photos on my blog so if I can help at all let me know. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest J-Bond

Hi guys ... thanks for your anwers ....

talking about answers .....

i'm worried because i ordered my zero a month ago... i made a deposit for him to GBS ... in the office of GBS like a month ago .... and they never answered my mails ...

i sended 4 mails and i didn't have any response from them.

i sended to info@greatbritishsportscars.co.uk and ... nothing .... is normal in the UK don't answer mails .??? because neither Emerald ..... neither ETB Instruments ....

only you guys here in the forum .. ha ha ha ....

if someone got another e-mail adress faster than this one ... i apreciate it ..

Alvaro

Edited by J-Bond

Alvaro. That is the right e-mail address. It is not like them not to answer but they may be very busy preparing for a show this weekend. I can't answer for Emerald or ETB as I haven't dealt with them.

Guest Boffy

Hi Alvaro,

I have also had very slow responses to emails from GBS with questions going unanswered, I like you are not in the UK so it is a little frustrating, hopefully things will start to happen for both of us.

Dave

Guest Alan_builder

Hi Alvaro and Dave,

While it is shocking / bad business practice in my opinion not to send a reply to emails, even if it says your questions will be answered in the next 2 weeks.

Please remember GBS and most other KIT CAR suppliers are getting ready for the Newark Show, that this is their busy period and perhaps the only staff left on duty don't have the pay grade to respond to your questions especially if they are complex and like the ones I answered for you Alvaro above.

Alvaro, as I sad above or tried to, the zero is a Kit Car, low volume production and thus it is not TYPE Approved, so all, well most, of the information you request is unavailable. I am sure such questions will give those left in the store some major problems.

I hope that helps your understanding and negates your fears.

Vehicle TEST

In the UK we go to VOSA for a special test, IVA (Individual Vehicle Approval). For this you need a UK address.

Registration

You need Road insurance. To get this it seems you need to have lived in the UK for 3 years, all the insurance companies we approached and one said it was industry standard. (I have just been helping a Dutch guy and those are the problems he faced.)

To find out ALL the details PM me as this is an open forum.

Regards

Alan

Guest J-Bond

Richard answered my mail ... well .. the mail, not the questions .. hahahaha but it's ok .. ( he printed my looooooong mail and give it to keith..)

My chassis is now going to be powdercoated .... and the box to put all the things inside to send the kit to Chile ... is there on GBS parking yard..

I really want to put my hands to build the kit!

Regards

Guest Boffy

Hi Alvaro,

Looks like your kit and mine will be just about ready at the same time, mine of course comming all the way to New Zealand. I also cant wait to get things going, we are just heading into winter so I need something to do on those wet nights.

And by the way, could you please stop sending over your volcanic ash, its causing me problems, I am stuck in Wellington tring to get back to Auckland and JestStar keep cancelling flights so enough is enough, pull some strings and plug the volcano. :diablo:

Regards

Boffy

Guest J-Bond

hhahahah ...

it's not the volcano .... ... are the french and chinese cars roading here .... :D

i'm not close to that zone of the volcano .. and here in santiago we don't have problem for the vulcano .. we got our proper polution :D ...

and New Zeland and Argentina got more problem's than the 80% of the chilean people for that cause. .. :D

Maybe could be the same ship for both .... crossing Magallanes coming to San Antonio/Valparaiso Ports .... an then to New Zeland ... :D