A Trip To Chadderton

Guest Phil in Cheshire

Guest Phil in Cheshire

Last Tuesday me and Kev (spannerman) had a day out at Chadderton test centre.

The day started well got there nice and early even had time for a sausage butty and a cup of tea.

Time to warm up the car and get ready for the test, at this point Murphy’s Law took over and the thing was running like a bag of SH**.

Never mind it might sort its self out.

The tester then waves us in even though he's in the middle of a row about the MANAGMENT. No introductions just straight into the test.

Kev notices his tie badge "p**s of I am having a bad day".

I then get sight of his name badge, his name Colin *unt or at least that’s what I thought it should say. (It was Hunt) and at the end of our 3 hours with him he turned out to be a really nice bloke but he sure was having a bad day.

During the test he burnt his leg

Cut his finger

Said he had a ringing noise in his ears (failed 102.9 Db)

Complained about his chest all the fumes failed Co off the scale

Other fails where edges, harness clips, Brakes out of balance, Mirrors and fog lights not e marked.

As I said by the end he was very helpful, when they gave me a re test at the end of the month he suggested I ring the next day and request an out of normal hours test at an extra cost of £15.

So tonight was the re test arrived nice and early car was running well, booked in and watched a man with a Westfield get a fail (is this possible) tried very hard not to smile.

After about an hour was told to get a cup of tea while the MAC was filled in.

Talk about smile, nearly as good a feeling as driving it.

Phil

At long last Phil, now get the hood fitted whilst the weather is poor and you can't go 'playing'

One or two of us may be going 'visiting' on Thursday afternoon, if the weather comes good, give us a ring & come along.

Jim