Dash

Guest sandy77uk

Guest sandy77uk

I've spent this weekend cracking on with the car, oh the Joys of G moping, still I fitted the dash to see how it looks, as you can see its still very much a building site

and this time with the photo

post-4661-0-70892600-1309771551_thumb.jpg

Edited by sandy77uk

Looking good, not too "busy" either! I'm always torn between information overload and the "clean" look. Or are you putting in some more dials? I'm still thinking about whether or not to add volts, oil pressure and oil temperature!

Guest sandy77uk

Looking good, not too "busy" either! I'm always torn between information overload and the "clean" look. Or are you putting in some more dials? I'm still thinking about whether or not to add volts, oil pressure and oil temperature!

Thanks man, nah no more gauges, I was aiming for the "clean" look, its not very clear on the photo but of the smaller 2 gauges, the right hand one is a dual mechanical gauge, oil pressure and water temperature

so I've fuel level, water temp, oil pressure, speed and tacho, I don't see the need for anything else really :)

The car is very messy atm as I'm using G3 and it gets everywhere, once thats finished off i can clean it and fit the wings and nose :)

I think it's looking fab. :good:

I just looked at your web site and it looks like you have painted the car Ford Imperial blue (at a guess) and it looks amazing. It is one of the colours I have been considering for mine but I am still months away and keep changing my mind on the final finish. One day it is blue, then I saw the team Lotus Catering Van so it became Green/Yellow, then I thought I would stick with white, then I watched Top Gear last night and thought the Citroen hot hatch look good in black with orange stripe and orange wheels!! I am glad I don't have to decide anytime soon!! :blush:

I notice you haven't added the rear panel 'U' frame, 'closing panel' whatever you want to call it, which I assume is so it can be painted first. I have fitted this to mine so if I do have the car pained, it will be a nightmare to mask up. Fortunately it will be the son-in-law who does this for me and I am sure he will have a solution.

I am looking forward to seeing the car when it is all together.

Guest sandy77uk

Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

The colour is lotus azure blue, I've loved this colour for as long as I can remember so it wasn't a hard choice for me, I don't envy you deciding, you are correct I didn't add the u panel as I wanted to paint it and run a finishing strip up the side, not so easy if fitted before spraying

As to the dials, got mine from demon tweaks after getting the run around from GBS ces't la vie :)

Guest T6 KFR

Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

The colour is lotus azure blue, I've loved this colour for as long as I can remember so it wasn't a hard choice for me, I don't envy you deciding, you are correct I didn't add the u panel as I wanted to paint it and run a finishing strip up the side, not so easy if fitted before spraying

As to the dials, got mine from demon tweaks after getting the run around from GBS ces't la vie :)

Looking great, can I ask where you got the carbon dash from...is that part of the standard zero kit? I am wanting a carbon fibre dask for my 2B, think it looks real clean. Very jealous :-)

Kev

Guest sandy77uk

Looking great, can I ask where you got the carbon dash from...is that part of the standard zero kit? I am wanting a carbon fibre dask for my 2B, think it looks real clean. Very jealous :-)

Kev

Its the standard Fibre Glass dash from GBS with a carbon vinyl over the top, I got mine from Carbon mods

Guest T6 KFR

Stealing you post a little...sorry

Do you know how different dimension wise the Zero is to the 2B? i.e is parts for the zero acceptable fitment to the 2b models?

Edited by T6 KFR