Difference Between A S7 And A 2b

maccavvy

I'm hopefully going for blast tonight now its nearly finished, I will drop by if you want and you can at least see a 2b

typical had to go out. only got back at 9 pm, had a bmw z3 up for sale for a week ,which sold today,me and my mate bought to do up and sell on,which will help me fund a 7.wished id was about to view yours..if your free one evening this week,not weds though,ill pop over to you dude.

cheers

Which is the best to go for then a s7 on a 2b in your opinions.Is one newer than the other.

Is it the build date that matter

Edited by maccavvy

S7/S3 are monocoques and thus lighter and have potentially better front suspension than the 2B. The mono chassis is probably less stiff than a 2B. Sliding pillar 2B and Exmo monocoque both have poorer front suspension but it can also be made to work quite well.

If I couldn't have a zero I would go for another S3 anyday.

Nigel

Suspension on a 2b is a big area to look at, there were several variants but what ever you buy at some stage you will want to convert to double wishbone front, therefore buy one now with double wishbone front.

On the S7/S3 look for the tie bar conversion, that is bars instead of the full Sierra anti roll bar.