Black Alloys

Guest MartinP

Guest MartinP

I am looking for a set of 4 or 5 black alloys, Team Dynamics or other straight spoke style considered.

To fit Ford sierra hubs, 13" - 15"

Martin

Hi

i've got a set of these (sadly not for sale - but if you want ideas/suggestions) hi-join black alloys

which i think look wicked on my car and fit really nicely on my 2b, 195/50/15. They are multi pcd with the smaller holes (you would need 'tuner' nuts) 108pcd for a sierra hub i think ET is 38 but i'd have to check. They stick out just a little more than the standard ford alloys i had before but only by 5mm or so.

Think they are around £400 but doesn't have a price on there anymore, i managed to get a bargain on ebay though and bought a second hand set.

i could do a picture if you wanted to see them on a 2b.

hth

Hi Martin,

I have fitted these couldn't make my mind up silver or black, paranoid that I'm going to sctratch them. From wheel based alloys came with rubber, wheel nuts, locking wheel nut set for about £420, besides the kit the largest spend for the build so far.

Mark

post-4145-0-44693100-1313000328_thumb.jpg

I know the zero needs ET15 but my 2b (wishbone suspension) had sierra alloys at ET41 and i replaced with ET38(i think) neither had/have clearance issues at all.

Not impressed - I know you had a 2b, were you running ET15 on that?

I guess the worst that would happen is that you'd have to move the arches out a bit. although if i've got my ET correct it could be sticking out by 20+mm more or less depending which et you go for and what you started with. what have you got on there at the moment?

I know the zero needs ET15 but my 2b (wishbone suspension) had sierra alloys at ET41 and i replaced with ET38(i think) neither had/have clearance issues at all.

Not impressed - I know you had a 2b, were you running ET15 on that?

I guess the worst that would happen is that you'd have to move the arches out a bit. although if i've got my ET correct it could be sticking out by 20+mm more or less depending which et you go for and what you started with. what have you got on there at the moment?

My 2b had the original arays to start with which were et15 then the team dynamics which were et 15, mark b bought the car and tried to fit et38 team dynamics the backs were so far in board it looked silly and the fronts fouled the mudguards as far as i was aware all 2b were et15. mark had to get big wheel spacers and studs to get the et38 fitted..

did you have the wide wings? there were 2 types iirc. i had the normal ones which could explain it.

edit - just had a quick look and found this http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html

which shows the sierra standard as being 35-42 ET. So i would think if you started with a standard ford alloy/steel (like i did) then would be best to stick with a similar ET or if you built it to fit the alloys with ET15 (like not impressed) then get some more along those lines.

Check the ones you have on there at the moment. the lower the ET the more the wheels will stick out from the car so if they are in the right place at the moment don't go lower or reduce the et as needed if they need to move outboard.

sorry for any confusion - never straight forward with a RH.

hth

Edited by agent_zed

Guest MartinP

Thanks for the info, I have set the car up with the Sierra alloys, so I pressume that they will be et35 as book!

I also have the wide set of cycle wings.

I will consider the options before jumping :D

Guest sandy77uk

OZ Gran Turismos from Lark speed, ET15

I decided that as this is the bit everyone sees I was prepared to pay alittle more and go for something i liked

post-4661-0-79948800-1313124976_thumb.jpg

Should be cast into the wheel. Mine was on one of the spokes.

Interestingly i was looking at the GBS replacement top wishbone and they do a kit for both 15ET and 35ET so i guess its a common thing that it could be either.

hth