Failed Rolling Road!

Thrashed

silicone is a nightmare to get a seal, I've used Gates radiator hose from local motor factors, £15 for a metre. I t works well but you still need to be careful when fixing it and it's not weight supporting so needs bracing to the manifold - that's why GBS cut the silicone so short.Or for a proper job get some GPZ 900 carb rubbers from ebay, these will fit and support the carbs.

For the fuel pump I've been using a facet fast road solid state pump for three years, no regulator and no problems. Good enough to keep a 170+bhp red top fuelled right up to the rev limiter. You really need to make sure you strip the bowls off the carbs and get rid of all the crap in there, if the floats and needle valves etc are clean and working properly you won't need a reg.

Steve,

My GBS silicone hoses are about kernackered. Ive seen some GPZ 900 rubbers on ebay but they dont do the retaining clips, do you know where I can get some from.

Regards

Andi

Steve,

My GBS silicone hoses are about kernackered. Ive seen some GPZ 900 rubbers on ebay but they dont do the retaining clips, do you know where I can get some from.

Regards

Andi

Hi Andi

Got mine off eBay. Was a company called yellow 13 bike breakers. Cost just under £5 for 4