Sad Tale

Guest nhmusicman

Guest nhmusicman

Hi,

I was a member of RHOCAR many years ago before the internet (when it was a paper membership and came with the paper members magazine), as i was the proud owner of a red Dolomite 1500 based S7, registration BTW 669T.

At the time i moved to the city of Southampton and unfortuantely the car and the envionment were not suited, and to save the poor girl from getting every part of the body stolen i was forced to sell her.

Ever since that day i have wondered whether she is still about and i now discover, care of the DVLA, that she has been SORN'ed!

I am now looking at building another 7 replica but it was suggested that i try RHOCAR online, as a last resort to see if anyone knows the whereabouts of this old car that gave me the kit car addiction, and seek reassurance that the old girl is still being used and is perhaps just having a rest for the winter.

Does anyone know of its existence or can assist?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

• 1 month later...

Nick,

If its not here and it has been sorn probably best waiting until next year and try some other kit car forums or shows (not all members use the forum). However if you are interested in another 7 style car then I would highly recommend the GBS Zero.

Regards

Mark

Guest nhmusicman

Thanks everyone. It is indeed my hope that the car has been garaged for winter. As it was quite a unique and special build it would be a shame for it to be lost to the great circuit in the sky!

I will indeed keep them peeled in the new year and and will similarly look into the GBS zero. Not something i had looked into before!

Nick