Car Blues

Jamiep

Feeling a bit demotivated with the Exmo at the minute, took it off the road last winter for a bit of tlc but due to the harsh winter couldn't spend long in the garage.

spent a bit/lot of money at the shows and had every intention of getting the car back on the road this year but time and funds have dried up.

just feels like every thing I try to do leads to more cost.

The steering column lower bearing could be the last straw, in order to get to it I've had to split wiring looms (all soldered direct to swiches) pull apart the peddle box cover (all glued down and sealed) and now having to remove the servo and master cylinder which is badly corroded/leaking and means cutting the brake lines off.

Anyway rant over, I might be allowed in the garage one night this week so might get the bearing fitted eventually.

Me too mines been of all year. so i will aim for next year . At least it gives us time to get it right. The plan now is ready for stoneliegh.

Dont give up the winter was a pig so think of it as all these bits you are doing are making it better for next year

Paul.

I cheered up abit on Sunday as I managed to spend a couple of hours in the garage, although I managed to snap a bleed screw in the front caliper without any effort which was a bit odd.

I think all the extra overtime I've been doing and starting an HNC course stressed me out somewhat when I first posted! just going to do a bit at a time and not worry about time scale, pick up bits as and when I can afford them.

Jamie,

Been in the same place a few times, work commitments, MSc, fostering and lack of funds. I have gone through periods of no garage time for upto 3 months, i'm in no rush still enjoying the build. It will be worth it when you have finished the car and HNC - camping, eating hog roast, drinking with new friends.

All the best.

Mark

Guest mower man

Not a get at ,but pick a problem/project/mod what ever and finish it before getting sidelined by some thing elsethen you will be surprised how well things go .I ve had my car since 2002 and the projects are still lined up but I have managed to get 30k+ miles in and an enormouse amount of fun , that guy Percy Verance is a great freind :good: mower man :D

That depends on the mod, mine was to run the exhaust through the middle of the car to do this i had to widen tunnel rip of sierra suspension and make my own suspension then the boot had to be alterd so then it went on and on. But thats how it goes you start one job and then you think i might as well do that while you are there hopefully saving you time in the future. Then while the scuttle was of to get the exhaust in i thought i would fit mini wipers and then i thought i would change the heater fan for a micro fan, then why dont a change the position of the battery the fuse box, coil , water bottle , expansion tank , intercooler, oilcooler, ABS block, brake servo motor , petrol tank, petrol pump, petrol filter, Then fit new nose cone, make new boot lid, new seats [old ones dont fit now] , now got to make new bonnet, new vents in side of car, find a new place to fit radio, new place for ECU as its under glove box and when some one calls me on my phone the ECU cuts out . Then i thought now the exhaust runs through the middle i better run the petrol pipes down the out side not over the top of the exhaust, I think thats it , now all i have to do is retrim it and paint it im pushing it to get it to stafford more likly pushing it there.

Paul.