Wet Weather Gear Instructions

Guest tomjoad

Hi there Guys,I recently purchased the complete wet weather gear from GBS and was wondering (dont laugh), should it not come with fitting instructions. In the box I got 2 doors, hood, hinges, 10 fasteners and 2 poles- nothing more. Should it not come with brackets for fitting poles etc or instructions. Forgive my innocence, but Im new here. Many thanks, Tom

Instructions are some thing that robin hood engineering never really did hence this web site. If you join the club you will get a list of members in your area and maybe one of them can help you, it is a 2 man job really.

I managed to fit mine without any help but it is pain.

First off if using both hoop make sure they are bent equally (mine wasn't) then make sure inner hoop fits within the outer so you can work out the joining pivot point.

my kit had 2 mild steel 'L' brackets (no holes) about 4mm thick by 30mm wide.

I laid the bars on the back of the car and kept clamping the brackets in different places to get the best mounting position.

on the hood I started in the warmth of the house and found the centre of the back bottom edge and marked with tape and worked out equal spacing for the fasteners.

I then took to the car to see how they lined up and whether they would foul anything before fitting the central stud.

I then pulled the hood into position and clamped and marked fastening point on the car with tape. make sure the hood is warm when fitting as it will pull tight when cold instead of going saggy when warm.

my hardest part to fit was the doors as I needed to cut the screen pillars and bend the doors to shape. I did a lot of searching on here and used other people's photos and posts to guide me through and I think it went well.

Guest The Modfather

Instructions for wet weather gear:

WHEN IT RAINS, PUT IT UP!

Sorry, couldn't resist now that you hopefully have the correct answer!

Jamiep: Your a diamond mate, cheers for that as I didnt really have any visual ref to go on apart from photos of Hoodies on the net. I couldnt fine anything like what you have posted, so for that I am very grateful. Ta

Fitted mine with the help of Rusty but found the rear panel to screen distance a bit tight thus I only fitted one hoop.

To keep it all on I also fitted 4 lift the dot studs on each rear corner and on the sides near the doors, then fitted 2 turn buckles either end of the windscreen