Nose Cone With Front Indicators

Disco

Hi all,

My next challenge is to fit the nose cone to my wide body zetec. Does the nose cone get fitted to the chassis via the two loops on the top chassis rail ? Do i need to secure it on ther bottom as well? I have the front indicators kit from GBSC which have two u shaped indicator extensions, how and where do these fit?

Hope you can help

Disco

If it is like my narrow body Zero, then yes, the nose cone is fixed to the two little wing bits sticking up just behind the headlamp mounts. And yes, you do need to fix it underneath on the front chassis cross member. A single bolt on to a rivnut will do the job underneath.

I haven't got to the indicators yet, but they fit to the side of the fibreglass nose cone, making sure they are high enough off the ground for the IVA. You fit the U shaped bracket to the nose cone and the indicators to the bracket. It is to give the indicators more width to comply with the IVA.

Guest Alan_builder

Some part of he front indicator lens has to be within 400mm of the widest part of the car. (please check the IVA manual to be sure). In practice the widest part of some 7s is the rear wheel arches, so don't get caught out.

Disco not much more to add from the comments above except some pictures. I did not want additional holes for the electrics so i drilled through the threaded bar. Alsohave the 'u' bracket flat facing the front if level with ground they start drooping.

post-4145-0-21673500-1320393497_thumb.jpg

post-4145-0-23496900-1320393510_thumb.jpg

post-4145-0-07630500-1320393524_thumb.jpg

post-4145-0-92336300-1320393534_thumb.jpg

post-4145-0-72528100-1320393549_thumb.jpg

Guest Hammy360

Disco not much more to add from the comments above except some pictures. I did not want additional holes for the electrics so i drilled through the threaded bar. Alsohave the 'u' bracket flat facing the front if level with ground they start drooping.

Mark where did you get those rubber boots from mate?