Fitting New Rear Coilovers

Guest Jameslark

Guest Jameslark

Converted the front some time ago and now has come the time to do the rears. Will be going down the Dampertech route as before and have got the brackets from GBS for the top and bottom mounts for the gazshocks.

Had a look last night and the existing set up has the conventional top bracket through the rollcage but the bottom appears to go through the swingarm on a long 3/8ths bolt with no bracket. Under the swinging arm there is a large washer with a rubber bush. When stripping out do I just fit the bracket to the swinging arm and bolt down or do I need to retain the rubber bush affair. Sorry but new to this bit and don't want to get it wrong as the cars meant for driving and not lying under!!!

i did this a few months ago.

bolted to the lower arm ,straight to the arm in the bottom of the 'cup' had to modify a spanner to fit though

got some large stainless bolts for the top mounts. then covered it all in underseal

Forgot to mention too make sure the top mount. that slides in and out you set it for the correct ride height

dave at damper tech told me that when the the car is sat the shock should be at half way .

Remember to align the brackets in the same plane of movement as the swing arm so that there is no "moment of twist" on the damper.

very important that bit, and easily overlooked..... i wrecked a set of bushes before i worked it out!