7 Styling In Cad

Guest Troy Halliday

Guest Troy Halliday

I've been playing with a few ideas for my MAC#1 Lotus 7 for a little while now just doing sketches and the like. I've managed to get a few days of so I though I'd have a go fleshing them out on the computer.

I like the idea of having dual 'Cobra' style rollbars. but thought they stood out to much on their own. Here's what I've come up with. The flat sides behind the seats/head I think would make an ideal place for a set of speakers.

I've also been playing with an idea for a different back box cover for the single rollover bar which incorperates an additional high level stop light.

Anyway let me know what ya think, I'd appreciate ya feedback ;)

post-13-1082591947.jpg

Guest Troy Halliday

These are also done in 3D Studio Max. I am working on quite a few little add ons and enhancements. But until the kit terns up I'll have to just keep sketching and planing on the computer. :(

Mind you we should be picking the first car up on th 15th March, fingers crossed :D

post-13-1082592933.jpg

Guest mickmellors

Great images - can you render with 'Phong' to give a stereoscopic effect and then use 3-D glasses to get the 'real' 3D feel ? I used to have a package that did it but its on my old computer (the dinosaur) and I dont have the disks to load it onto my new one !

Guest Troy Halliday

I think there is a plugin available to render sterioscopic pictures, or if you've got money to burn there is an imput port on my graphics card that you can actualy use 3D glasses instead of a monitor. Mind you I've heard it can give ya one hell of headache after a few hours.

The money I spent on this computer last year would have seen the better part of a seven in my garage, if not a a complete one. But what ya gonna do, this earns me money, some of the time ;)

Guest Andy Rathbone

nice images, i'm personnally not keen on the slanty one with the brake light in the lid, i do like the hoops though :wub: . has anyone put a high level brake light in/on the rollbar? just an idea

Guest Troy Halliday

The car is about as acurate as I could get without any measurements, it mainly done from a series of photo's from Mac#1 motorsports website.

I mainly did the model because I wanted to try several designs out for bothe the boot lid and my hard top I've been designing. I figured that once I get the look I'm after it will make the actual constructions of the prototypes a little quicker. I can also play with different colour schemes and graphics aswell, which is a lot cheaper than spraying your car a couple of times before you find the look you want ;)

Just like most Seven inspired cars it is only about 70% complete :D

post-13-1082630651.jpg

great images

a couple of points:

the wheels are very simmilar to the peugeot 206 gti ones which are 16" which are the correct PCD and offset for, and would look great on a hoody.

I have fitted a high level break light under the roll bar its a "WING" LED style one ..just drilled thro the screw holes into the underside of the bar and secured it with self tappers...only problem is that when the roof is fitted you cant see it so the lower boot mounted position is proably better ...i do use a cycle flasher in that position when the hood is fitted for hopefully other car drivers see me earlier

ash

Guest captn Pugwash

:wub: :wub: Whens it going into production, I want to beat

rizla in having one!!!!!!. Its a lovely design, wish I could do that on my computer.

Rizla cheered me u with his posting, this one has made me depressed because its not real, whats next!!!!!!!.

Dave :( :( :( :( :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: