First Start

Guest AndyJW

Hi everyone,

I dont post here as often as I should so apologies first! ( Im on locostbuilders) Anyway, started the car for the first time Monday this week and have just uploaded the vid to you tube. For those who dont know (probably most of you) Its a zero with a 2.0 blacktop, GBS plenam chamber and original ford ecu (OWLS eec-v) with PATS and OBD. Wiring went surprisingly well and easy really, and Im chuffed she started on the first go..

Anyway just in case anyone wants to see, here is a link (if it works!!)

Thanks

Andy

Edited by AndyJW

Good job Andy. This step is only a few build days away for me. I also have the GBS plennum and I was trying to see how you had plumbed in the fuel rail but it wasn't overly clear on the video, do you have any pictures or details? It looks like you have swapped the ends over if that makes sense!

David, I have the feed from the high pressure pump intot he swirl pot then into the end of the rail that has the valve on, then the return to the swirl pot from the end of the rail with the regulator on. Starts and runs fine. Good luck with your start up, let me know how you get on!!

David, I have the feed from the high pressure pump intot he swirl pot then into the end of the rail that has the valve on, then the return to the swirl pot from the end of the rail with the regulator on. Starts and runs fine. Good luck with your start up, let me know how you get on!!

sorry, may be confused.

high pressure pump to swirl pot to fuel regulator to fuel rail to swirl pot?

shouldn't that be

swirl pot to high pressure fuel pump to fuel rail to regulator back to swirl pot?

regards

sorry, may be confused.

shouldn't that be

swirl pot to high pressure fuel pump to fuel rail to regulator back to swirl pot?

regards

Yes!! Your right. My typing and my brain dont always co-operate. I do indeed have it the way you described!!

Need more sleep.......

sorry, may be confused.

shouldn't that be

regards

Oops ... think I may need to revisit mine before I even attempt to start it.