Winter Warmer

Guest Mr_Frosty

Guest Mr_Frosty

So after not having my car running since before Christmas I got her going again with a new module and cleaned the plugs as the sparks had ran away. Still took her time to sit by herself on idle.

Thought to myself sure I can go for a little drive even if it's not taxed. Wow you forget how fun they really are. Also VERY loud.

Somtime down the road but not far from home smoke appears. Forgot that I need to make adjustment to the rocker cover gasket. Woops. Anyway drove her back now with a soggy right arm from puddle splashes.

One thing to ask. As I'm new to owning a kit car do they always come with the little things that need doing all the time or does someone have one where they don't do anyting to it and it runs A-OK all the time?

Personally im always tweaking mine here and there, its all part of the fun :)

Tweaking! Hang on, New dash, new clocks, engine out twice, new gearbox, full rewire and plenty of other stuff is not classed as tweaking that's better known ad rebuilding.

Speaking of which, took a nice lump of wires out of mine, can't.be owt important, still runs and stalks still work.

Probably tempting fate --- passed IVA Feb 2011---- 8500miles later---- no tinkering except air,oil & water. Tomorrow will prob.be a heap of bits in the garage; pixies on night-shift no doubt.

Sorry forgot ----replaced a taillight bulb in France.

Edited by florin metal works

Guest The Modfather

Lol, almost full rebuild doesn't quite fall in the tinkering dept. but to me I am tinkering, albeit over a longer period of time. There will always be something that you want to change etc, but as stated, that's what its all about. You'll learn more as you go. Just enjoy!