A Long Day

Al Milton

After a long day yesterday, 05:05 train from Ramsgate, to Market Harborough via St Pancras.

Met Phil Shelton at Market Harbourough (-15 degrees on arrival!) then drove to GBS.

Loaded up and chatted over a coffee about some new funky kit they have taken delivery of - very impressive.

Set off for a slow steady tow home and demolition of a large bag of Eclairs. Dropped car at home and tucked her up in the garage, another coffee then off to Hythe to pick up another Zero for Phil to return to GBS for IVA - a very tidy build indeed.

Returned home, Phil parked trailer on drive (eventually) - it just fitted width wise!!

2 quick Badger beers, then off for a well deserved curry and more beer. Finally turned in well past midnight....

A bloody long day but worth it - many many thanks to Phil and everyone at GBS.

The only downside was this afternoon at Halfords with the number plates. Showed form and ID, correct Reg number shown on receipt, but when plates were handed over they were wrong. The same person who took the details down made the plates up!! There's nothing like attention to detail is there??

Footnote: Phil spent so long down South yesterday and this morning I have completed his application for an honarary Southerner! What North/South divide?? :rofl: :rofl:

Home at Last.bmp

Hi Al.

Dyslexia must be quite common at Halfords! I went to get my plates made on Friday complete with my V948 and passport ( which it says on the back of the V948 is a valid form of ID and was to hand as I had been in Germany during the week). Firstly, Halford's computer system would not accept my passport, so the guy said have you got your driving licence. No I hadn't, so had to go home to get it.

Next, make plates while I wait. Job done, take my new plates home all excited.

Get home look closey at plates - bu99er they got the first 2 of the 3 letters round the wrong way.

Back to Halford's, explain to man the mistake, show him the V948 and wrong plates.

Apologies, and a new set of plates made - correct this time except that the 1 of the 61 on the rear plate is not quite straight, which I didn't notice until the plates were on. Can't be bothered to go back to Halford's, so I'll live with it.

Bob

Guest The Modfather

Lol, they messed up a pair of plates for me too, and tried to blame me for it, saying that I said the reg wrong. I then explained to his manager that it was his employee that said "just tell me the reg I won't need to see the paperwork" and that this method of work was a slight infringement of the law, whilst opening my warrant card to replace my debit card therein. Manager sees this flash of shiny silver and removes said stupid employee and finally makes the plates himself, after looking at log book and driving licence with great scrutiny, lol.