More Wiring, Where To Start Once It's All Laid Out?

Guest wildejon

Guest QuadraDave

hi heres pin layout for rover mems ecu telling you what wire colours join on super spec wiring loom there is also a six page suppliment for the super spec also do a search on forum tony grimmer or tony superspec as he put lots of info about super spec wiring etc etc hope this helps Dave D

MEMS Description.doc

Guest QuadraDave

Hi just read post again not sure if you have rover engine loom as superspec wiring diagram tells you what wires to join onto robinhood loom if you have not got the rover engine loom try and get one from a breakers as it has all the sensor plugs on and ecu socket leave at least 12" of wire on ecu socket on the wires that go throught the bulk head as these are the ones you have to join hope this helps Dave D

Sorry guys, got caught in the time warp.

Sany77uk, it is the body loom that I am talking about - sorry for the confusion. What I can not figure is that none of the colours align with the diagram on the site, nor do they make sense when laid out on the ground. I expected that the 2 ends for the headlights would be identical - wire for high bean, low beam, parkers and earth. Nah, too easy... Its the same at the other end, except that I can not even get 2 ends that look similar. Perhaps I got the version for the Tardis.

florin metal works, you are welcome anytime to kick my tyres and eat my bikkies. If you start now you might get here by dinner...

DaveD, I am using a Honda S2000 engine and I saved the engine loom from the (local) donor. I intend using a Haltec after market ECU and instrument cluster, and that end of the wiring will be managed by the tuner. I am thinking that engine electronics are a bit beyond my experience. I grew up with SU carbies... Nonetheless, I will check out the links you have suggested - thanks.

Cheers Geoff

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wildejon

Hey all, thanks for the feedback. I think you are right that getting hold of a Rover loom would work best. I think that maybe there is already one on the car, unsure. I am sure (without traveling 2 hrs to check) that there was some wiring present that isn't the robin hood loom. I am certain I will be back with more questions soon!