More Wiring, Where To Start Once It's All Laid Out?

Guest wildejon

Guest wildejon

I have the loom in place now, wired up to the lights etc so I'm sure it is roughly OK.

I think the next step would be to get the engine running so I plan to wire up the engine and finish the fuelling system.

Trouble is, I have no idea how to wire up an engine. I imagine it is pretty straightforward once you know what you are doing?

I planned to start with the starter motor and alternator, then any sensors I can find but I'm not sure what goes where and am worried I am making things harder for myself by guessing.

Anyone fancy a day out?!

Guest wildejon

That would have been ace!! Oh well, maybe there are others closer ;)

Spent a while on here and google, got lots of diagrams and made some decent progress for sure, just not realy clear how to get from here to running ;)

Have you got the wiring diagram that came with the car?

I know I have Rover / superspec diagram that came with the car but have never needed it as it was fully built when I got it so I don't know if that info is any good to you, or what you are looking for.

Steve

Guest wildejon

I have the Vicky Green one, is that what you mean?

Mainly looking for some hands on assitance I think, to be honest it probably needs it, I'm getting nowhere

I think there was a wiring diagram for the superspec that came with the kit, I will have a look tonight when I get home and see what info it gives, it may give the ecu pin outs etc, I'll post again later

Steve

Guest wildejon

Cool, thanks. I do have the VG one but it isn't all that useful to be honest, I've connected up most of what I can suss out from it. The ecu is a major mystery to me, I have a bunch of cables with no home currently!

I checked last night and all the info relates to a loom that was already installed in the car when delivered, so I don't think it will be of any use / may just confuse the issue.

Looks like your stuck with Google - searching on here (there are a few topics on this) - and hope there is some one local that can help.

Good luck

Steve

Hi Jon,

I have the original supplied SuperSpec wiring diagram for the Rover engine.

You are welcome to borrow it, pm me your address.

Alternatively, my scuttle is off at present and due back on this week-end. If you can make it to Ramsgate, you are welcome to have a look and collect said diagram.

To be honest, my wiring has been altered to suit new instruments & switches etc (and has been wrapped in split convoluted tubing), but it may give you a few pointers.

Cheers

Al

• 4 weeks later...

Al, Do I understand you to mean that there are numerous looms from the factory and they are dependent on which engine you are using?

I am down under and am building a Zero GT with a Honda S2K engine. The loom that came with the kit bears NO relationship to the diagram on the Kit Spares site. I have asked GBS, but no reply yet.

Cheers

Geoff

Guest sandy77uk

i'm guessing you are talking about the plug and play chassis loom which has bugger all relevance to which engine you're running? I know GBS do a few different looms but thought the only engine loom they did was for the zetec (I could be wrong mind)