Wiring Loom

Guest Stephen Robertson

Guest Stephen Robertson

Hi Guys

Need your help again,

I have been wiring the igntion system and so far so good things seem to have gone smoothly, However I think I am missing some wiring from the donor. I have a VG loom and a type "c" ingintion and sub loom . Everything has connected up OK except for the coil . I have 1 Green wire From the donor sub loom which goes to the coil. the otherside of the coil has a black wire going into a small black box and then to a male connector . Where should it go after that? Am I missing a section of Loom?

post-8-1083008041.jpg

Guest Captain Daz

Stephen

It seems we are at the same stage! I'm having problems too.

On yours the little black box is a supressor. It should have two wires coming from it. One wire goes to the coil and the other goes to the loom. Then the second loom wire goes to the other coil pin. I can't remember which is +ve or -ve. I'll have a look at mine and let you know. It is important that the polarities are correct otherwise it may blow the coil.

Cheers

Daren

Guest Stephen Robertson

HI

I Have been looking at the wiring diagrams in the hayes manual and as far as i can see the black wire from the + coil side goes to the igition switch.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks Stephen

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Stephen,

I have reused the Sierra loom - so am no expert on the VG one

I'm assuming (from the RHE Website) that type c is the ESCII system.

Most of the wires to/from the coil are from the sub-loom.

However I'm not sure about the black wire (the one with the sleeving on it) - this may have originally come out of the feed going round the engine bay for the headlights.

As you suggest - this black wire is the main ignition feed from the switch

Here is a picture of the coil as originally fitted and the individual wires to the coil should be visible.

Just look at all that space around it :D

HTH

Terry

Edited by TerryBarry

Guest Stephen Robertson

Terry / Guys

We are now getting somewhere you have the same ignition system and yes type "c" is the escII .

I have marked the section of loom that I am missing .

So Do I now need to go to the scrappie and try and find this connection or can I make a cable to connect it up to where ever it should go ?

Thanks

Stephen

post-8-1083146070.jpg

Guest TerryBarry

Stephen,

If it were mine, I would cut off the connector going to the suppressor and replace it with a spade or bullet type. Make up the ignition feed with opposite gender end - for added security (waterproofing) you could wrap PVC tape around the joint.

I would have thought that there was an ignition feed in that VG loom that would go to the coil.

Terry

Guest Stephen Robertson

hi Guys / Big Jim

Now I am getting somewhere I have wired up loom as per Jim's link above and I got the engine to run for 5 seconds or so :D

Could somebody double check the relay connections for POWER HOLD RELY on the NW diagram top to bottom are 87 30 86 85, tracing the wires in the hayes manual looks like it should be 30 87 85 86?

Thanks

Stephen

Guest Stephen Robertson

Hi Guys

I've got a runner :D

i have connected the relays as posted ealier and all seems OK

JIM

might be worth adding a note onto that wiring diagram

ALL

Thanks for the help.

Stephen