Mot

Guest Brian T

hi brian......love the car and you've mad a great job of your dash!!!

It is definatly an exmo (I'm 100% sure as I've owned one for the last million years), but its had the wishbone conversion. I've only seen one other exmo with this done because it's a major fabrication job!!!

One day, I'd love to do the conversion on mine. If you get chance, or wen u next take the nose cone off, can you send me some photos without the nosecone fitted as this is where most of the work is done during the conversion!

Ignore my comments about the strengthening of the struts.....ure don't have them anymore so no problem!!!!

Guest Brian T

The wishbones was the thing that confused me when I bought it and then saw the suspension identification photos. The Exmo in it's out of the box state had a big "thing" sticking out that some of the suspension bolts on to, a sort of buttress. So from what you say I'm assuming the weakness was in that bit that no longer exists? Course I'll take some pictures for you ,no problem, let me know of any specific areas. Sorry about the poor quality of the pics. I'll get some better ones done. You can't really tell from the photos but (blowing my own trumpet) I did a really good job of the respray, look closely at the front left of the bonnet in the pic featuring the bonnet and scoop, you can even see the brickwork joints in reflection on the black paintwork, may be even better when it is lacquered and polished 8)

got it in one!!! The buttress thing is the what most people moan about (including me) about the exmos.

Its also the weak point I was talking about.

I'm really jealous! One day I will do the conversion but it wont be for a few years yet!

You can tell you've done a gone job on the respray......cracking job matey, I hope we can meet up at a show soon!