Wheel Alignment

Guest adamgreaves

Guest adamgreaves

Hi all im going to book my 2b in for a wheel alignment as the camber on the rear wheels doesnt look right to me (left wheel looks different to to right wheel) so going to get it checked but he has asked me for the camber degrees and the toe in size can anybody help me with these figures as to what they should be

Thanks Adam

The camber on the rear on a 2B is all wrong because of the way the sierra rear beam is mounted, the sierra induces camber and toe in with load etc but it is already there on a 2B.

Added to that the mounting holes are off centre to the right/offside of the car so your wheels will sit differently under the arches relative to each other.

Peter Bell used to do aluminium shims to correct the camber and the toe in can be corrected by adding shims or washers behind the brake back plates - not sure if this is something your garage will be willing to do.

I've got a 3/8" spacer on the nearside plus shims on both sides to get the angles of dangle correct, but the wheels still don't look the same - I just don't look too closely !!

Guest adamgreaves

ah cheers guys this sounds alot more complicated than it looks ill leave it for now and see if i can have a look at somebody elses before attempting it

thanks again

Adam