Could I Know The Age Of My Car?

Guest paisesmediterraneos

Hello, I am David, the spanish owner of a RH 2B, the car was imported from U.K.

Watching the spanish papers of my car I see that the data of first plates is september 1986!!!!, it seems very strange because I think the 2B is much more later model. Could I know from Spain with the chasis number and U.K number plate the real data of my car??, is it possible that they used the year of the donor for the matriculation??.

Thanks a lot.

That sounds like that was exactly what happened. The previous owner must have kept the log book of the donor and used that to get an "age related" plate for your 2b. The chassis number will have been associated with 1986 as well.

The only way you could get a sensible date would be date of first registration. Look for that entry in the logbook. Or the other way is if there are any purchase receipts for the chassis and other major components.

Simon.

As I bought the car to a man who imported it from U.K and registered the car to his name in Spain, I only have the first spanish papers of the car with the name of this man...and the only data of first matriculation (first plates) is September 1986 :-( .

Do you know when began the production of the 2B??.

Thanks a lot again.

Hi,

Are the plates on the car now Spanish? or are they still the English ones? Do you know what the original English plates were?

It could be possible to trace the English plates via DVLA at Swansea. They should have a record of when those English plates were first registered.

Sorry, don't know when the 2b was started - or finished. (The phone numbers on the video are definitely out of date though :) )

Simon.

2b was introduced 1999 but I doubt many were registered until 2000. Chassis/Vin numbers were not supplied by the factory so were either given to the car by the local registration authority where the car was SVA tested or were made up by the builder (this was/is legal) and accepted by the registration authority. Thus Robin Hood/GBS is unlikely to be able to help with dates.

I believe registering a car in most EU countries is easier if it has an 'old' English number and can thus be imported as a classic car rather than a kit car.

Nigel

I wrote to DVLA at Swansea asking for the data of first registration of my car and a copy of the U.K plates and they reply me that they can only send this information by post (no email or fax) and they cannot send information to an address out of U.K!!!, Oh my God...we are still living in a closed world!!!!.

David.

I wrote to DVLA at Swansea asking for the data of first registration of my car and a copy of the U.K plates and they reply me that they can only send this information by post (no email or fax) and they cannot send information to an address out of U.K!!!, Oh my God...we are still living in a closed world!!!!.

David.

That is frankly unbelievable. If you are prepared to put a UK address on I am sure I could forward it on to you.

Frankly, that disgusts me about DVLA. Have you tried phoning them and explaining the circumstances?

PM sent.

Simon.