Pre Iva Photos

Guest dctough

Dave

I can only go by what Simon had to do to mine to get it through IVA at Nottingham, but it should be the same at all the test centres.

The brake pipes that run underneath the chassis member in the drivers footwell will need some form of aluminium cover round them.

I can see you have used locktite on several of the nuts, but make sure you paint a mark on them to indicate to the examiner that that is what you have done.

The red and black fuel lines should only enter four or five inched in to the engine bay, the rest should be the flexible fuel pipe. You may get away with this, I don't know.

Just check to make sure there are no sharp edges on the brak calipers. Min had to have a bit of trim glues to them.

Have a look at my blog at the post called IVA Fixes as there are some other little bits in there that may help regarding securing cables.

Other than that, it looks like a fantastic build and very much done with IVA in mind. Well done indeed. :clapping: :good:

David

Guest sadjagboy

I'd use a steering wheel off the donor, or if you don't have one see if you can borrow one for the day. Are you going with the screen on? if so I think you might need some edge trim round the uprights, easier to take it off, no wiper issues and no demisting to comply with. Looking good though!

The examiner didn't pull me up on the aluminium cover round the brake pipes in the drivers footwell. Maybe because my pipes were not under, but behind the chassis member. ?

Interesting. It seems that sometimes little points are either missed or overlooked by the examiner. Guess I might have been lucky there.

Simon.