Just Got My Diff Back And Im So Proud I Thought A Few Pics Were In Ord

Guest tom-zero

Guest tom-zero

this is the 3.62 LSD from a XR4X4 i think it will do a very good job in my little zero when shes built lol

all the work was done buy road and race transmisions and i cannot rate them high enough superb serivice £360 got me brand new plannet gears all new bearings and seals shot blasted and painted :) what do u guys think

post-10102-0-72934500-1334782690_thumb.jpg

post-10102-0-33333900-1334782701_thumb.jpg

post-10102-0-43656100-1334782709_thumb.jpg

Guest tom-zero

wish i could say i done it myself but all credit must go to road and race transmisions in sevenoaks great guys over there

i looked into buying a recon diff and gbs wanted 500 just for an open diff so i managed to get the back end of a sierra ( diff hubs breaks shafts etc) for 250 off ebay so its worked out cheaper already and ive got all the other bits i will need for the back end

and on the plus side i now have a LSD which is something i really wanted but can anyone tell me realisticly in the zero is it neseccery to have a LSD or would a standard one be just as good ??

thanks tom

An LSD is definitely worth it. I too was looking for a rear disc axle and it just happened to be an LSD diff as an added bonus. It makes any rear end break away far less savage and therefore more controllable. I, of course, drive my car sensibly on the public roads and have never got my back out while hacking out of of corner under power to find the LSD gently controlling the amount of slide the car has, you can feel it working. Well, you could if I did that sort of thing. :lol:

I think if you measure across the top mounting bolt hole location you might find the answer?

I think the zero can accept both sizes. I had to make spacers for mine to fit so I must have had the 7" version with slide in half shafts.

Anyone, is there a 3.62 replacement that can just be swapped in? I think mine is the 3.92 ratio.

Thanks,

Simon.

You need to think if you want 3.62. Usually this comes when you get an LSD. That's what's in mine. Long legged for the road but it has taken the edge off the acceleration so a bit slower at Barkstone and trackdays. Swap to 13" wheels helps but I would like my 3.92 back. (Standard in most sierras). I have to be crudely brutal to get any wheelspin.

Most (?all) sierra diffs were 7". Grandads and Cossies were 7.5. You can drop a 3.92 crownwheel and pinion into a 3.62 viscous diff quite easily but to get the correct meshing you need to know how to set it all up. I would like to one day after all the other jobs are sorted. Then watch me go!

Nigel

Guest tom-zero

sorry i didnt make myself clear i am selling the rear beam etc on ebay and someone asked me if the beam was 7 or 7.5" i have googled it and think mines a 7"

sorry for not making my intentions clearer lol

thanks for your response