S7 Throttle Cable

theduck

I had an original sierra one, although needs replacing as poor condition, and the inner wasn't long enough, and I can't shorten the outer without cutting the captive end off the inner.

Not sure why it is like this but possibly because of the way my pedal box has been positioned and/or the linkage i am using, I have seen a few pintos with a different linkage to the one I have which look as though they would require a shorter amount inner cable.

Or maybe I am just making things awkward for myself?

Guest mcramsay

I would put money on that it would be Easter and quicker to buy a universal cable kit and make up your own ( you are talking 30 mins tops) than it would be to try and find the correct cable first time off the net.

Think im going to go that route as I don't think there is an off the shelf that will work.

Problem with universal is that I can't find a suitable end for the pedal box so it means relying on me being able to fabricate something that will work in practice, as well as theory, to adapt the pedal box connection. My thoughts on this at the moment is a small piece of box section with a hole top and bottom, one to fit over the pedal connector and the other for the cable to pass through and then fit a solderless nipple on the end that will stop the cable coming back through.

Having typed that out I'm now thinking one on the bottom and one on the side rather than top so it pulls in a horizontal motion and no vertical motion... Any thoughts anyone?