S7 Throttle Cable

theduck

Soni had a throttle cable with my kit that fitted the throttle linkage and kind of fitted at the pedal box end, although it was loose and wold fall off. It's also in pretty poor condition so want to replace it.

Problem is I can't find any that lOok the same as I have. My pedal box end has a ball type connector and the cable had a top hat type arrangement, although an open hoop may be a better option?

After all that, what I want to know is what cable should I be buying?

Guest mcramsay

Go for a universal throttle cable kit off eBay, it will come with an inner and outer cable that can be cut to the required length and also comes with various sized adjusters and cable ends that can be soldered on, they are only around a tenner, that way you can make a cable that suits your needs perfectly

Guest mower man

What carbs/linkage? I used a std cortina mk5 cable from halfords on my s7 seirra pedals 38dgas fits both ends a treat ,Capri ,Transit, lots of Ford stuff will fit! use logest possible for better runs and smooth working ! HTH mower man

Guest mower man

The Cortina ,Capri ,Transit cable should fit then bit busy this week [2xhosp apps] but will try to get some photos of my set up by the end of the week ,I think I still have your address mower man

Thanks Mick. My main problem seems to be the inner not being long enough, I will measure how much inner I need showing and if someone could measure there's that would be great.

Worst cones to the worst I will order a universal one and make something up to convert the pedal box end to take a solderless nipple.

Guest mcramsay

You may be able to buy ball shaped cable ends that can be soldered on the pedal end of the cable, have a look on car builder solutions

Think I may of made it; piece of bar to suit carb/throttle body drilled down centre & tapped for 5mm hex key grub screw & cross drilled for cable. Our's has been working for 10,000+ miles.