How Have You Fitted Your Plates

maccavvy

Got myself some new plates. But dont really want to drill them

want them to look as if they are just there...if you know what i mean.

how have you all mounted yours...pics please..need ideas

Guest snotfart

i have used the foam type double sided sticky tape on a few things now with good results, but i have also seen that the adhesive gradually unbonds,so if you intend to use this method be prepared to eventually lose a plate.i reckon if you could support them adequately while it cures sikaflex would be a "forever"solution providing you never want to remove them.

dave

Guest snotfart

tried that on a few things, including my ecu,it fell off within a week,trouble is the glue they use unbonds really quickly, sikaflexed now,not moving any more.

do you have a pic nicko???

i was thinking of some sort of bracket then sticky pad them to the bracket. just unsure ,especially on the rear how to make said bracket.

seen a pic on here of a yellow nosecone with some ally bracket on to hold it ,looks good for the front

is it mine you are thinking of

i ramble on about the number plate at 7min 30secs

Still on after 3 years. I just used some silicone sealant, bath sealant i think. One came loose about 1.5 years ago so i glued it with contact adhesive. Still on there pretty firm.

At the back i just siliconed it again to the back panel just above the spare wheel hoop (i don't have a wheel on there)

Surprisingly don't hit the front very often considering it is quite low. only a couple of times when turning in the garden and bumping into the odd large stone i left around.

hth

Guest mcramsay

I just marked out the center of both plates ( front and back) and then diveded by 2, this gave me an equal space between both holes, making sure i did not drill through a letter, , then two m6 chamfered holes on the plate and riv nuts through the rear panel to match and then same on the front but a 6mm holes though the nosecone and lock nuts to match.

Got them sorted yesterday

when i removed the drilled and bolted front plate theres a section flat enough to stick to,so i did with the foam double sided tape ,so no holes yay

On the rear found some metal floating around at work, so trimmed it to fit the plate on and the light and welded it to the rear of the hoop.then double sided the plate to that .

all sorted now..till i get pulled anyway for using 3/4 sized plates :rofl: ...just sit better on the nosecone

IMAG0654.jpg