A Pat On The Back For Euro Engines

Bob Tucker

Guys,

Just a "well done" to Euro Engines in Thurrock.

I bought a ST. 2 head from them while I was building the car in early 2002.

Late last year I had an odd misfire & started to lose exhaust valve clearance on no 2 & 3.

I removed the head over the winter, & could only see that the 2 exhaust valves appeared sunk in.

I took it back to Euro Engines, although I had had the head nearly 2 years.

A week later they called to say it was ready. In fact the head had developed two cracks, & they had replaced it with a ST. 2 head based on an injection casting. They had also rebuilt it with my FR32 cam, fitted new valves, & adjusted the clearances, all at no charge, despite being well out of any warranty period.

Well done to them, especially Mark.

Bob Tucker

Guest trevor hooley

not so well done !!!!

Having ordered a new engine from Euro engines after Stoneleigh last year, I drove all the way down to London from the N West collected it and had it fitted by my local friendly Ford mechanic, tappets were set etc, but it always seemed a bit rattly, phoned them up, "its the RL31 cam you've got, they always sound like it"

so perservere with it for 628miles exactly before tap! tap! tap! BANG!!. It throws number 1 and 2 exhaust followers off. S*** phone area sec HELP, he being a nice chap comes up laughs, and takes it to bits, no long followers (which it should have) no double springs ( which it should have), and a seriously worn cam. replaces the head with old standard one, rings up Euro Engines to be told "that it is out of warranty (12 mnths 628miles !!!) and if I took it all the way down to them, they might be able to fix it but I'd have to pay. write them nice letter explaining everything to be told the same . frankly its not worth the hassle, but I'd NEVER use them or recommend them again!!

karl

Me being "the nice Area sec type chap" can vouch for everything that Karl has said.

The cam is Knackered! every tip of each exhaust lobe has worn flat.

After metioning the problems to SC. it seems that a Pinto engine with a cam such as the RL31 should have double cam springs, and tappet followers with long pads, neither of these items were fitted to Karl's engine.

If this was the type of service that I'd got from a local emporium, and had the same answer from them, then I would deliver the cylinder head back to them via their window!!

Guest rizla
:o i supose its all down to personal exsperience,euro engines built my last group a hot rod engine(oval racing at arena essex)and it was the best race engine i ever fitted in the starlet(won 9 times that year)ive never used them for road engines but they were great at race engines

Guest Battery Bill

Karl

If you drove it like you drive your Pug I'm not surprised the engines buggered. :lol: :lol:

Sorry could not resist that. :p

Ianz

Trevor

Its Karl :rolleyes: He uses Trevors (Dads) log in. :rolleyes:

Hi Karl/Trevor,

Sorry your experience was so different to mine.

As Rizla says, I only used them because I knew of their Pinto stock car engines, which do have a good reputation.

Bob.