Superspec Engine/gearbox

Guest stevenkirk

Guest stevenkirk

Right - From what i have read in past posts, the mating of the t-series engine to the mt75 is an abortion.

Is it possible to change the mt75 box to a type 9 eliminating the misallignment problem.

I've read it is possible with the K series engine using a different bellhousing, but are the mounting/bolt holes on the K and T Series engines the same?

Have now got a sore back from spending hours on this conputer looking into this so forgive me if I ask for some of your time to reply.

Have you got a problem with yours???

The main problem I found was the spigot bearing, The rest of the mods I did because I had the box out. there was no misalignment and talking to quadradave he found the same when doing his.

Heavy clutch - I put this down to the fact it uses a rover cover plate that used a Hydraulic clutch

Clutch rattles - this is caused by the method the clutch fork is pivoted with - it won't fail

HtH

Steve

Guest QuadraDave

Hi Steven pm me your phone number and i will call you as i have my engine and gearbox in bits and can speak to you about sorting it out and send you any pics you need. HTH Dave D

The MT75 and the Type 9 have the same bolt patten.

Your problem is the interface adapter!

No it's not as there is nothing wrong with that part, but yes I agree just changing the box type will not help

Guest stevenkirk

Thanks for taking the time to reply - the only thing wrong with is is that the clutch release bearing is starting to whine - and it will occasionally jump out of fourth gear.

Dave - I am away on holiday tomorrow so will pm you my phone number at the beginning of nxt week.