New Member First Hoodie

Kermit

so hi all im a new member and new to hoodies ijm collecting my car this sat.......as im a total novice does anyone know if this car is good in the hoodie world? its a series 3 1997 i think and is a 1.6 pinto engine...the car retains the donor car plate which is A66yax.....does anyone know anything bout the 1.6 pinto engine are they any good????

cheers...post-10596-0-80305700-1345118106_thumb.jpg

Looks tidy to me ;)

1600 Pinto is, well, let's face it - it's not going to set the world on fire but it will provide enough turn of pace to start off with. Remember they're not heavy things! My Exmo started off with a rather wheezy 2.0 Pinto and it still managed 0-60 in ~7.0 seconds on a 4-speed box (if you trust the g-meter things of the time). Get the car, enjoy it a bit, drive it for a while, then you've always got the option of an engine upgrade later if you feel it necessary - even if it's a simple option of dropping a 2 litre Pinto straight in there (maybe tuned a wee tad)

Looks tidy to me ;)

1600 Pinto is, well, let's face it - it's not going to set the world on fire but it will provide enough turn of pace to start off with. Remember they're not heavy things! My Exmo started off with a rather wheezy 2.0 Pinto and it still managed 0-60 in ~7.0 seconds on a 4-speed box (if you trust the g-meter things of the time). Get the car, enjoy it a bit, drive it for a while, then you've always got the option of an engine upgrade later if you feel it necessary - even if it's a simple option of dropping a 2 litre Pinto straight in there (maybe tuned a wee tad)

so a 2 litre pinto would drop in ok without any major hassle? cool cheers........oh by the way i sorted the trailer cheers for your offer...... ill bear you in mind for future.......

Assuming you stay on carbs, fairly straightforward I believe - I doubt there is much by way of external differences, except maybe a taller/larger carb arrangement, but nothing insurmountable. Injection is a different story ;)

Im not a fan of injection to be honest but would consider a 2litre in the future i guess and a better box i asume a 5 speed would be better that the 4 speed right?.......having said that my beetle goes like stink on 4 speed......hmmmm :crazy:

Assuming you stay on carbs, fairly straightforward I believe - I doubt there is much by way of external differences, except maybe a taller/larger carb arrangement, but nothing insurmountable. Injection is a different story ;)

Yeah my first car friend lol the brumster.......... :db:

I've only just re-joined the club myself ;)

The 4-speed is not actually that bad - the 5 speed in most guises has an incredibly short first gear which isn't much fun in a L7-type car. So I wouldn't worry too much about the 5-speeder. Even better is to find a Type 9 from the 2.8 V6 (taller first gear) that's had the input shaft swapped or machined down to fit. Or swap the internals completely for a new gearkit from BGH, and you can pick-and-choose your ratios then (more or less) ;-)

In short, I'd try a 5-speeder first before you decide if it's a worthwhile swap from a 4... depends how you use your car really.

I've only just re-joined the club myself ;)

The 4-speed is not actually that bad - the 5 speed in most guises has an incredibly short first gear which isn't much fun in a L7-type car. So I wouldn't worry too much about the 5-speeder. Even better is to find a Type 9 from the 2.8 V6 (taller first gear) that's had the input shaft swapped or machined down to fit. Or swap the internals completely for a new gearkit from BGH, and you can pick-and-choose your ratios then (more or less) ;-)

In short, I'd try a 5-speeder first before you decide if it's a worthwhile swap from a 4... depends how you use your car really.

well this car has a 4 speed and im picking it up saturday so ill give it a go and see what happens........my missus is gunna film my first ever drive in a hoodie and i hoping it will be epic.........you sound like you know your stuff......i added a pic of my beetle project.........check it out..................post-10596-0-45197000-1345123390_thumb.jpg

well this car has a 4 speed and im picking it up saturday so ill give it a go and see what happens........my missus is gunna film my first ever drive in a hoodie and i hoping it will be epic.........you sound like you know your stuff......i added a pic of my beetle project.........check it out..................post-10596-0-45197000-1345123390_thumb.jpg

won best car in show in 2006 or 2007 at volksworld show......

so hi all im a new member and new to hoodies ijm collecting my car this sat.......as im a total novice does anyone know if this car is good in the hoodie world? its a series 3 1997 i think and is a 1.6 pinto engine...the car retains the donor car plate which is A66yax.....does anyone know anything bout the 1.6 pinto engine are they any good????

cheers...post-10596-0-80305700-1345118106_thumb.jpg

more pics are now in the garage!