Move The Handbrake

deano266

What car do you have??

I moved the handbrake on my Superspec (similar chassis to the 2b) from the footwell to the side of the tunnel (passenger side), so that the handbrake is about 4 inches from the gearlever.

Took a bit of faffing and re-welding of the handbrake mounts, and some strengethening plates for the tunnel side, but works fine.

Uses the original hole in the footwell to link to the handbrake cable.

• 2 months later...
Guest BOB.WHITTAKER

Regards handbrake position,my car is a Super Spec and I mounted the hand brake on the tunnel top .The tip of the brake lever is about 3 inches behind the gear lever. I welded brackets to the twin tubes,the half round cable compensator is above the tunnel and I welded brackets for outer cables and adjuster to the twin tubes where they splay out round the diff. None of the installation is below the car, it is convenient to use and adjust and a "Strong" installation, as it is not just bolted to the sheet steel floorpan as per Robin Hood intentions. I am near Clitheroe in Lancashire if you want come and have a look. Cheers BOB