Exhast Wrap Advice....is It Worth It ?

Guest david_l_perry

Guest david_l_perry

I am looking at re doing the exhaust wrap on my hood as its now a bit tatty and I want to extend it to cover the exposed 4 into 1 section

IMG_0167.jpg

using something like this :-

ExhaustWrap-Kit-PHOTO1.jpg

For anybody that has done this, what length of wrapping am I likely to need (my exhaust is the same 4 into 1 layout as above)

Is it actually worth it....does it really reduce the heat that much......??

Ta very muchly

Dave

I've seen/read reports that wrapping like this fatigues the manifold earlier; anyone any experience around this? I'm talking purely of what I've read on t'internet (and I appreciate how dangerous that can be!).

Personally, never bothered with wrapping myself, but appreciate it certainly gets warm under there :)

I've seen/read reports that wrapping like this fatigues the manifold earlier; anyone any experience around this? I'm talking purely of what I've read on t'internet (and I appreciate how dangerous that can be!).

Personally, never bothered with wrapping myself, but appreciate it certainly gets warm under there :)

my 2b has been wrapped for 5yrs and the manifold is still in one piece cheap wrap fell off rewrapped in the above and as far as I,m aware that is still on there. The car was to hot under the bonnet without it especially after all the tuning work...

Guest david_l_perry

This is from the Europa spares web site

"Use this hi-heat coating to finish off a clean and well-protected exhaust insulating wrap installation. the coating will protect the wrap from abrasion and harmful liquid spills. extra resins and binders toughen the surface and help extend the life of the wrap by protecting it from friction. they also seal the pores to minimize the penetration of harmful liquids"

my 2b has been wrapped for 5yrs and the manifold is still in one piece cheap wrap fell off rewrapped in the above and as far as I,m aware that is still on there. The car was to hot under the bonnet without it especially after all the tuning work...

errmm some of its still there, bit of a casualty of the engine swap saga, wants rewrapping but it is good stuff.

I think the Internet warning on manifolds cracking is probably on mild steel ones not the stainless we use

Cool, thanks guys. Probably a good point about the mild steel.