Super Spec

Guest Wrighty

Guest Wrighty

Hi guys & gals,

Made the wise decision of ordering a superspec after an age looking,comparing, drooling over, sitting in, photographing one down at Stoneleigh tuther weekend.

Pick it up on the 29th May (just happens to be my birthday too :p ) so the next couple of weeks are not going to be the quickest....

I was just wondering if anyother SS builders have got any info they could pass on regarding the build, anything to watch out for or something you had wished you had known beforehand...

As a virgin to kitcar building i think there will be a fair bit of head scratching, heated words and big grins when it starts looking something like it should :D

(fingers crossed). But hey that was one of the main reasons for buying one.

Anways, any help gratefully received!

Thanks

Tim

Guest bugsy
As a virgin to kitcar building i think there will be a fair bit of head scratching, heated words and big grins when it starts looking something like it should 

(fingers crossed). But hey that was one of the main reasons for buying one.

Now thats the attitude!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done :D

Guest daveg

Tim

You made a good choice...I am building a 2b so I cannot say much about the super spec except the best thing is most of the work is done for you!

You should have fun with it and it should be ready for next summer :)

Dave

Oh, nearly forgot...the battery goes in the front :D :lol: ;)

Guest bugsy

Welcome to the Club Tim.

There have been quite a few people collecting Super Spec's recently so you are not alone, lots of people will be going through the same grief, sorry " learning curve" ;) as yourself.

I have just applied for my SVA test on a Super Spec :boohoo: i am hopeing to have it at newark, i have orderd the sunshine for that weekend B) , watch this space!

Bugsy

Hi Tim

Congratulations!

I'm building a super spec too, and really enjoying it.

The only advice I'd give is to take your time with it.

I've come across a few tricky areas so far, but nothing too dramatic, and certainly nothing the guys on these pages / quick call to RH can't sort out.

Good luck with it!

James

Guest Shoemacher

I'm thinking about buying one :)

I'd appreciate any advice, what options did you go for?

How long do you reckon the build is going to take?

Cheers

Shoey

Guest Wrighty

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

i will certainly take my time with the build, the learning curve will be more of a mountain climb but im looking forward to it all the same.

Will hopefully be going to Newark so il have a look at what one is supposed to look like when its finished.....

Bugsy, had a good look at your website which was inspiring, so cheers for that..might have to bend your ear on the odd occasion for some advice if poss.

Just for info, went for :

Stainless with blue GRP, non turbo (didnt want to die too young :huh: ), and standard fixtures and fittings.

Anyone else picking up there pride and joy on the 29th ?

Guest Dredd

Hi Wrighty

I'm building a SuperSpec and it is now running but still sorting out electrical probems. The guys buiding 'Specs have come up against some common problems and found ways around them. If you need advice, just ask!

Guest Battery Bill

Tim

Welcome to the mad world of Robin Hoods. And make sure you enjoy your build not rush it :D :D

Oh I nearly forgot there are some pretty strange people post on this board there is one bloke especially, he keeps mentioning batteries in the front or something like that :p :p :p :p :p :lol:

Guest Battery Bill

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now Rizzlar its not that long ago that some bloke called Bob at "RY Jigblock" or somethink like that was in fact going to put the battery in the back of Your car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah the good old days, When that bloke had 4 fingers and a thumb and Your car was going to be ready for Detling :lol: :lol: :p :p

Guest Simon Harbour

Going up to Robin Hood on Saturday to test drive and order a Super Spec.

Is the Rover 2lt 16v easily mod i.e more power? I think that the 200bhp would lead to a visit to casualty. but 140bhp does'nt really sound enough.

As per previous postings, I have little knowledge of car engineering, so no doubt I'll be putting out numerous calls for help over the forthcoming year!

Cheers

Simon

Guest bugsy
Going up to Robin Hood on Saturday to test drive and order a Super Spec

Great, Nice one, let us know what its like to drive :) just so i can dream a little :lol:

Seriously though let me know how the clutch and brakes feel, my clutch and gear stick feel like they are stuck in concrete :blink: or maybe i am just being a wuss <_<

Bugsy