Which Insurance Company...

Guest dieselnut

Guest dieselnut

I'm almost there with getting my S7 on the road... I bought it as a project, I'm almost ready for the first MoT... but before that, Insurance !

Now, I'm a little on the young side as far as insurance companies are concerned, best I've had so far is Adrian Flux... but I'm still shopping around

My main points are

21 years old

2 litre Pinto Robin Hood S7 (~115bhp?)

6 pts on the license :boohoo: :ph34r: from two speeding offences :boohoo:

Adrian Flux quoted me on the same car but a 1.8 pinto at £375

MSM said "We don't insure Robin Hoods sir, company policy" but that's another rant...

Who else ?

Matthew

Guest Battery Bill

Matthew

Have you tried "Roadsure"? Im an old bloke but I only paid £120 so might be worth a call.

PS Make sure that you tell them that you do/do not want RAC cover as that saves !£15 :D

My renewel from Roadsure landed behind the front door a couple of days ago. £270 fully comp for up to 12000 miles. Includes £15 for legal cover, but no breakdown cover or any other add-ons.

Got to do some phoning around, but getting cover for a high mileage was the proble last year. Only Roadsure would go over 6000 per annum on kit car insurance. I've done 7000 in the last 12 months and I hope to do more in the next 12.

Ant

Guest dieselnut

Unfortunatly I've just looked at Roadsure...

"We are currently able to quote for drivers age 25-65"

Looks like I can try them again in 4 years :(

Guest Battery Bill
We are currently able to quote for drivers age 25-65"

Looks like Big Jim will have to avoid Roadsure next year then, :lol: :lol:

Mind you he will get a bus pass :rolleyes: :p

Guest dieselnut

I've just spoken to FJ.... it's a case of "Sorry, no-one that young with an engine that size" :(

Looks like there's only Flux mad enough to insure me :p

Guest yellow peril

140 quid for a standard 2 litre pinto from adriam flux, thought that a bit of a bargain seeing as my saxo vts hot hatch is 650 quid :huh:

27 yrs ode, full no claims

Guest Simon Harbour

25 today... £237 from Roadsure for a Super Spec with the missus insured on there aswell.

(Don't panic she's not going to drive it much, shes insured for the return journeys from the pub on Sunday afternoons....)

As with everyone else I got AF down £75 by telling them Roadsures price, in the end they were £6 out. (two pints!) :lol:

Guest Russler

I am with adrian flux, 2b with 2lt zetec, 23yrs old and 4yrs no claims, unlimited mileage, £350 with the legal and breakdown. but thats only tpft. :unsure:

they don't like it when you tell them the power, I think the person on the other end of the phone had a heart attack when I said I am changing from a 115bhp pinto to 185bhp zetec :rolleyes:

wonder what they will say about the supercharger, oooooooooh have I just given my secret away :)

Im with Heritage Insurance.

£169 5k miles 2 ltr pinto

Inc breakdown and legal cover

0121 246 6065 ask for Mark

Adrian Flux and Roadsure were both £200+

Worth a try