Sierra Mk1 Steering Cowl

cb750

Has anyone have a Mk1 Sierra steering column cowl (cover) in good condition that they don't want? This is for the switches that have the horn push on the end of the multifunction switch and also has the square section hazard button.

Rob

That both halves, laid up with gelcoat+2 layers minimum? They're basically moulds taken off the original Sierra cowling? Do they mount up same as the original?

If so, go on then... postage sounds a bit steep but I'll let you off ;-). Can zap cash to you to avoid PayPal charges though - good old t'internet banking ;)

Drop me a PM as and when.

edit: Actually, just seen the pics on your website... ;-)

Hi,

Yes, I lay up two coats of gel coat then light woven matting usually two layers with extra chopped strand mat to strengthen mounting points and add rigidity to the body. The mounting point is the top and bottom screw.

I can't reproduce the internal structure like the original - it's too complicated and would add significantly to the time and cost. I think it should be possible to make some aluminium internal brackets and bond them inside with polyurethane (sikaflex) adhesive. I have not tried this though on mine. If P.U sticks the cycle wings on, it should be more than enough for this job :)

Even the original Sierra ones are usually cut down to size in order to fit these cars so I make as faithful a copy as possible. (There may even be a genuine Sierra owner who needs one - who knows :) )

The £10 allows for around £5 or £6 for postage, the rest is for the packaging boxes and packing material. I am trying to keep the costs down as much as possible though.

If you can bypass Paypal, I can knock £1 off the final price though.

I'll let you know when it's ready.

Thanks,

Simon.